Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advisable to go Jpn during golden week? 2008/4/8 15:54
I intend to tour Tokyo/Osaka / Kyoto from 30 April to 10 May with my spouse and 2 kids (3yo and 16 mths). Golden week happens to fall during this period. May I know is the trains / theme parks / tourist attractions very crowded during the golden week? I heard hotel accommodation is more exoensive during the golden week too, is it true?

I don't know should I postpone my trip to a later date. Any advise is appreciated.
by hhj  

golden week 2008/4/8 16:08
it isn't uncommon for trains, for example, to be at nearly 200% capacity. Some foreign tourists don't mind huge crowds but if you aren't used to find your way trough really really big crowds in rail stations you aren't familiar with and in shrines, department stores etc. You should postpone your holidays. and of course it may be already too late to book hotels rooms in places you like for a price you are happy with.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Will be pretty hectic 2008/4/8 16:13
it will take longer to travel between cities and theme parks will definitely be more crowded. if you haven't booked a hotel yet, it may be hard to find a room to accomodate 2 adults and 2 kids, on only 3 weeks notice.

i would probably advise you to postpone your vacation to a later date, if possible.
by Kaye rate this post as useful

Check this thread for more info 2008/4/8 16:14
by Kaye rate this post as useful

golden week 2008/4/8 16:56
I can't imagine 2 very young kids in the middle of huge crowds! it would be so scary for them and even dangerous!
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Thanks for the reply. 2008/4/8 16:58
Thanks for all your answers. In that case, I will postpone my holiday.
by hhj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread