Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

discounted air tickets 2008/4/9 02:14
hi

i found the following table of information from Japan-guide. Could anyone pls advise which website to book the discounted tickets from JAL or ANA when the sale period for the tickets are opened?? It is from JAL and ANA website directly? Is thre an indication of discounted fares? Thanks!

JAL Bargain Fare and ANA Chowari
Over 50 percent off domestic flights Massive discounts on domestic flights for certain boarding dates, when booked during a given reservation period. Upcoming periods are shown in the table below. Note that JAL mileage bank members are entitled to make reservations a few days before the below mentioned dates.
Reservation Period Boarding Dates
April 18 - 27, 2008 June 19 - 23, 2008

Below are the discounted fares for one way tickets on selected major flight routes. Note that discounts are available on many other routes, too.
Route Approximate One Way Fare
Tokyo-Sapporo 13,000 Yen
Tokyo-Osaka 10,000 Yen
Tokyo-Fukuoka 13,000 Yen
Tokyo-Okinawa 14,000 Yen
Osaka-Sapporo 14,000 Yen
Osaka-Okinawa 13,000 Yen

Example: If you fly from Tokyo to Fukuoka on June 21 and book the discount ticket between April 18 and 27, it will cost you only 13,000 Yen.
by adeline  

You can get . . . 2008/4/9 09:56
. . . similar prices from ANA any time of the year, except maybe Christmas and New Year's. It's called discount tickets (Tabiwari) that you have to buy 2 months in advance and are non-refundable (or 50% I think). Better yet, you can buy them over the web at the ANA website, replete with seat reservations. Just show up at the airport with your reservation # and the credit card you used.

JAL is Neanderthal compared to ANA. If I have to fly JAL I have to go thru JTB to get airline tickets. Seems NOTHING can be done over the web except to get prices.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

discounted air tickets 2008/4/9 16:40
thanks Clevor for your kind advice....greatly useful!! :))
by adeline rate this post as useful

Domestic Air Tickets 2008/4/9 20:50
AFAIK, you can't purchase domestic air tickets over the Net for either airline from outside Japan (they require an internal address/phone no).

However, I booked a Kansai/Sapporo flight recently (from Australia) with Ai-ticket.com ( http://www.ai-ticket.com/english/index.html) and was offered flights with both JAL and my preference, an ANA Tabiwari for about 13,000 yen.

They take both VISA and Master Card and were very efficient.

Worth checking out!
by deebee rate this post as useful

discounted air tickets 2008/4/9 22:58
thanks very much :)) I will it out too... dint knw about the internal address since I did not try out the booking yet but did fung the ANA discounted tixs as advised in the website! thanks very much indeed! :))

discounted air tixs & qn in Wakkanai 2008/4/15 01:23
Hi

1) Can anyone advise about the booking of ANA discounted tickets which are only available to persons resident in Japan? I have tried calling Spore ANA but the lady was not able to advise and she was unsure. If I do hv a japan telephone number or address, does it mean the booking can go through and collection of tickets are only done at the airport of departure city? 2) Anyone is aware of the renovation going on Wakkanai new ferry terminal? As there are limited hostels or minshuku bookings online (who speak & respond in English), I have yet able to find a hostel who is able to hold our lugguages for 1 nite when we are returning to the same hostel to stay another nite. We have been advised to use lockers at the ferry terminal. We hope to chk on the size of lockers available , whether the box lugguages could fit? Or whether there is a lugguage keeping counter at Wakkanai that is mended by a staff?
Thanks very much in advance for the kind advice.

W rgds
adeline

reply to this thread