Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggested itenary for 7day with 60yr old 2008/4/9 03:17
I am travelling with my 60-year old mother and sister on 23 May 2008 for 7 days. We need an English speaking guide and don't really know what to do (but want it to be special as it's my mom's birthday).

Any suggestions on where to look for a reasonably priced tailored package with English guide?

We would like to include the following activities:
- sumo wrestling
- traditional theatre performance
- traditional tea ceremony performance
- fruit picking

by christina  

Many stairways 2008/4/9 14:18
Japan is a wonderful place for people of all ages to visit, but be aware that the train and subway stations require much stair climbing. There are elevators in many of the stations, but some do not provide lift service to certain tracks or lines. If your mother takes blood pressure medication, she will have to take her time on the stairways. While this is not a problem, it is important to be aware of before you go. Have a wonderful trip.
by Dorian rate this post as useful

7 days 2008/4/9 14:56
come on now!1 60 is the new 40! Like many 60++ I go to the gym 3 times a week and walk a lot all over the place..
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

group travel 2008/4/9 16:36
Christina,
you mean you want to do a fully organized tour with English guide? So check: http://www.jtbgmt.com/sunrisetour/index.aspx
by Peter rate this post as useful

60 year olds can climb stairs 2008/4/9 19:53
I agree with Auntie Bert- 60 is hardly elderly. My parents aren't far off 60 and they are both avid mountain bikers/ skiers and are probably fitter than me.

It's not exactly walking frame time once you get to 60- unless your mother is in poor health or is very unfit, christina, I don't think she'll have that much trouble with the stairs!
by Sira rate this post as useful

Sumo 2008/4/9 19:55
I heard sumo tickets are hard to come by.
by Darth rate this post as useful

Misunderstanding Age Caution 2008/4/10 03:15
My respone to Christina was not meant as a condemnation of age and I am sorry if some of you were upset. As a medical professional and frequent visitor to Tokyo, I was referring to the many 50+ individuals who routinely take Beta Blockers or Ace Inhibitors to control elevated blood pressure. In my attempt to help Christine, I apparently offended some seniors...Keep up the good work at the gym!
by Doreen Barry rate this post as useful

reply to this thread