Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko lodging near station, private bath 2008/4/9 13:55
We will be in Niko for two nights in June. We will spend one day at Edo Wonderland (and strolling, if there is time), and another at either the shrines or the park. I think near the station will be most convenient for transportation. Edo Wonderland has a free shuttle from the station, which will make that the easiest way to get there, and I know buses go to the park. Ideally, we (two adults and 14 yo son) would like a room for three, a private bathroom, CLEAN, and convenient to station - either walking distance, or very easy cheap taxi. Meals aren't important.
I have searched this site and the web, but nothing seems to meet these preferences. Any ideas?
by rootles  

Is there anything 2008/4/11 13:43
that meets even some of these preferences?
by rootles rate this post as useful

Nikko 2008/4/11 15:40
www.japanhotel.net has only one very small place (Hotel Hakuba)that meet your criteria: not far from station, room for 3 etc.(19 000yen). Most of Nikko hotels are not numerous, a bit expensive and near lakes etc, rather than the station.
try to Google turtle-nikko.com another small place where you can get a double + a single for under 18 000 yen.
you might also try the town of Utsunomiya nearby as it is a much bigger town than Nikko.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

taxi 2008/4/11 23:50
Thanks. It does look like there is not much near the station. Are taxis plentiful, both at the station and from the hotels? Are they reasonably priced? I have looked at Turtle Inn, but it seem pretty far from the station, as well as having a number of bad reviews (damp, mildew, etc.).

Viva NIkko 2008/4/13 14:04
I've been doing more research, and came across Viva Nikko, (vivanikko.com). Has anyone stayed there? It looks very convenient, and has private bath is every room. They don't book on-line, though.

Viva Nikko reservation 2008/4/24 02:42
I was able to reserve at Viva Nikko online at www.hostelworld.com

I will let you know how it turns out (but if anyone has advice on this, please let me know!)

reply to this thread