Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku station to keio plaza hotel 2008/4/12 00:06
we're staying at the keio plaza hotel. i know there's an aiport limousine that goes straight to the hotel but since we purchased the JR rail passes, we would like to use the train to get to the shinjuku station.

can anyone give me specific directions from the shinjuku station to the hotel? like where we should exit and all?

also, what's the flag rate for taxis? how much do you think it would cost if we hail a taxi from shinjuku station to keio plaza hotel? thanks a bunch!
by maxene  

keio plaza 2008/4/12 19:38
I stayed at the keio plaza before and it's pretty easy to find from shinjuku station (as long as u take the right exit from the station). if i remember correctly there is an undercover walkway and travelator thing which leads from the station to the hotel. as long as u get the exit right, the signs will lead you there. if i could find it them i'm certain anyone can!!! its a nice hotel too, enjoy ur stay
by julie rate this post as useful

Keio Plaza 2008/4/13 04:36
Here's a map from the hotel's website: http://www.keioplaza.com/map/index.html

I'm I stayed there once and it's an easy walk straight up the street from the west exit (nishi guchi) from Shinjuku station. A taxi would cost you about 700 but not worth it to save 5 minutes of walking, unless you have a ton of luggage or other stuff to carry.
by Kev rate this post as useful

Room in Keio 2008/6/10 02:58
Hi, we're planning to stay in Keio Plaza Hotel in our trip this August. I know rooms are generally small in Tokyo. Can anyone share with me of your experience with regards to the size of room in Keio. Thank you!
by Souvent rate this post as useful

Shinjuku station and rooms at Keio 2008/6/10 07:48
First of all, there's no need to take a taxi from shinjuku station , Keio Plaza is only a 2-3 minutes walk from the station.
If i remember correctly its the west exit - but to be sure, ask for the exit that leads to yodobashi. (a big camera/cellphone store on the corner) then its straight ahead from there. (you'll pass the postoffice on your right)

I have stayed at Keio several times, and i've always been satisfied with the service as well as the size of the rooms.
When it comes to location, you wont find anything better - seriously!
Only little "but" would be, that some of the rooms seems a bit dated now - but still, i guess you dont plan to spend your entire holiday in your hotelroom anyway!

Enjoy your trip!
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/10 07:51
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Way to hotel 2008/6/10 09:51
Hi
If you arrive from Narita on the NEX then you will be 3
floors down? and it is a bit of a hike up but not to hard.
Look for signs saying West exit. Show your JR pass at
ticket gates to jr staff in
small office on right when leaving station.
Go straight ahead.
It's about 30 meters and you come to large curving space with road way ahead with taxi's etc. There is Koban (police station) on right.
Turn to your left and follow road around for maybe 100 ms
and you will see a walkway
leading right. There is map on wall on left. The walk way has a converyor which goes half way on right side.
Follow the walk way to the end
go straight ahead and hotel is
on left with stairs up to entrance.
Check out the JNTO site and print maps from there if you do not have a good guide book. I print off maps of each station and shopping areas and have in day pack
for ease of access.
The station can be hard out with people so stay close to
a side wall if you are going slow. If you do get lost there are help desks in the station. The half moon govt plaza is just ahead of the hotel and everyone will know where that is.
Go and Enjoy
Kiwi
by Kiwi rate this post as useful

Thanks for the feedback 2008/6/10 11:43
Thank you so much for your feedback on Keio, sounds like a done deal for me. Reservation has already been in order. I'll post my experience about Keio in 2 months.

Souvent> 2008/6/10 18:24
Yes, please post a review when you get back! One last thing: The Korean BBQ (lunchspecial) at Gokokutei at the basement in Keio is NOT to be missed!

Enjoy!
by Th0mas24 rate this post as useful

Th0mas24 2008/6/11 11:01
Th0mas24, You're on. I'll definitely post my review when I get back. Thanks for the tip, everyone in my trip love Korean BBQ and especially a good deal. Thanks again!

reply to this thread