Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyota rent a car 2008/4/14 04:46
Has anyone experience with Toyota rent acar? Their website says you can only make reservations by phone. Do they speak english?
by Bert  

Toyota 2008/4/15 10:41
Bert,

You can also reserve online, although that is available in Japanese only. I've never reserved over the phone, but the fact that the centralized toll-free number is advertised in English suggests to me that they can handle requests in English.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

They can handle English Speaking Guests 2008/4/15 16:29
I once talked over phone to the staff at reservation office in Tokyo, the staff has fluent English.

And for Sapporo, this is the contact details for English speakers:

TOYOTA Rent a Car Sapporo New Chitose AP POPURA
English Reservation Team
Tel:+81 123-23-0100 Fax:+81 123-23-2237
E-mail:rs-sapporo@st-g.co.jp
by Chris rate this post as useful

Netvigation System 2008/9/1 00:26
I would like to know which netvigation system is better.. Nissan or Tokyota. As when I reviewed people's blog, I found many people said the netvigation system lead the wrong way. So I was wondering if the netvigation system can realy rely on. Thanks.
by Christy rate this post as useful

Know how you feel 2008/9/2 02:41
I have rented from Toyota twice, Mazda (via ToCoo on this site 3 times) and Nissan once also through ToCoo. If you are not familiar with driving in Japan, then definitely Toyota as their GPS navigation is the best. My last trip to Kyushu--we had to return our Mazda after 2 days as it couldn't locate the major major sites in Beppu. The same sites were located by the Toyota GPS, I think this answers your worries. Toyota costs about 20% more than cars through ToCoo. In my experience we never got lost with Toyota even in some really off-beat places. I should add that we always go for the 1500cc saloons but Mazda once upgraded us to a SUV and the GPS in that car was alright so I guess with Mazda and Nissan, the GPS may get better with more expensive cars. Hope this has helped.
by lccl rate this post as useful

Thanks lccl 2008/9/2 23:14
This is really useful information for me. I am also planning to rent around 1500cc car. Actaully my first choice is Nissan Cube, coz it looks so cute.. ^o^ But now I guess I have to think twice....hehe

For Christy 2008/9/6 05:08
One more tip : unless you read and understand Japanese, your only alternative is to use the telephone no. feature of the GPS. I've been doing this all along and it is really easy EXCEPT that you have to research the telephone no. of your hotels, and sites BEFORE you arrive in Japan (assuming you are renting at the airport).
by lccl rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/9/12 22:50
Thank you. I know that from reading other people's travel blog. I have written down the phone numbers of places that i am going to visit. Guess the most challanging is I did not drive for 10 yrs. and i never use right sterring wheel.

reply to this thread