Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

a bit confused about Yamanote line 2008/4/17 18:20
Hi all

Am a bit confused..am I able to use the JR rail pass on the JR Yamanote Line? The only info I can find says i can't use the pass in Tokyo underground trains..is the JR Yamanote Line considered underground?
by rachel  

Japan Rail Pass 2008/4/18 11:38
Rachel,

The Japan Rail Pass is valid on JR trains. The JR Yamanote Line is operated by JR, and so the railpass can be used.
The railpass is not valid on non-JR lines such as the Tokyo subway lines operated by Tokyo Metro or Toei.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/18 11:43
you can use the JR pass for the yamanote line becasue it belongs to the JR group. Other subway lines are operated by other companies, so you can't use the Pass. Therefore, as long as the line is operated by JR, you can use the Pass. There are a few lines that go to yokohama/chiba operated by JR too.
by lester rate this post as useful

JR trains in Tokyo 2008/4/18 15:48
Apart from the Yamenote line, there are plenty of other JR lines through Tokyo that you can use with your JR Rail Pass. Have a look here: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html in the Major JR train lines in Central Tokyo section.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread