Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

subway station connected to JR? 2008/4/22 22:32
I am rather confused here. Most hotels are nearby a subway or metro. Which of the aforementioned connects to the JR line? For exmple, if i stay at Sunlite Shinjuku which is 5 minutes away from the shinjuku san chome metro, would i be able to take a train from there to the shinjuku station?
by karen  

... 2008/4/23 11:11
It depends on the specific station. If a station is shared by several companies, sometimes, they are immediately besides each other, on top of each other, a little bit apart from each other or far apart each other indifferent buildings. It depends on the specific station.

For exmple, if i stay at Sunlite Shinjuku which is 5 minutes away from the shinjuku san chome metro, would i be able to take a train from there to the shinjuku station?

You asked this question twice!
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+49403
by Uji rate this post as useful

tocho-mae station 2008/4/23 23:51
Hi Uji,

Thank u for your help. Yup, i posted the same question by accident. What i wanted to ask was whether can i take a train from the tocho-mae station (toei Oedo line) to the shinjuku station?
Do i have to switch trains?
by karen rate this post as useful

Shinjuku stations 2008/4/24 07:54
Karen,

can i take a train from the tocho-mae station (toei Oedo line) to the shinjuku station?

You can, but as with your question about Shinjuku-sanchome station, it is so close to Shinjuku station, that it would be quicker and easier just to walk. There is an underground walkway so you don't even have to worry about crossing streets etc.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2008/4/24 17:11
On my way home today, I had some free time so I decided to time this just to show how short it can be.

From the *west exit of JR Shinjuku Station to the top of the escalators of Tochomae station, walking underground and using the moving walkways too me 6 minutes 43 seconds (unscientific using my wrist watch).

Walking is probably faster then it takes going all the way down to the Oedo Line (which is deep underground), buying a ticket, going to the platform, and waiting for the next train.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread