Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen - boarding at diff. station 2008/4/24 02:11
Hello,

I bought a tour via JTB sunrise tours. All the packages leave from Tokyo station; however, Shin-Yokohama station is more convenient for me.

Is it possible to board/depart from Shin-Yokohama station instead of Tokyo station?

The seats are for Nozomi shinkansen, and they are reserved.

Thanks in advance.
by jojokun  

... 2008/4/24 10:26
These special tour tickets are usually very inflexible. It might not be possible to board anywhere but in Tokyo. But to confirm, I recommend to contact JTB.
by Uji rate this post as useful

What I'm worried about 2008/4/24 10:53
Thanks for the reply.

I'm worried about the station attendants. For example, if my shinkansen back to Tokyo station stops at Shin-yokohama, could I just get off at Shin-yokohama without any problems from the station attendants, even though my ticket is to Tokyo station?
by jojokun rate this post as useful

Impossible to say for certain 2008/4/24 15:28
Jojokun,

For example, if my shinkansen back to Tokyo station stops at Shin-yokohama, could I just get off at Shin-yokohama without any problems from the station attendants, even though my ticket is to Tokyo station?

Probably you would have no problem, but it is impossible to say for certain without seeing the terms and conditions that apply to your particular ticket. As Uji said, some discount packages have strict conditions, so you will need to check the fine print on your ticket or check with JTB.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/24 15:30
For example, if my shinkansen back to Tokyo station stops at Shin-yokohama, could I just get off at Shin-yokohama without any problems from the station attendants, even though my ticket is to Tokyo station?

With most regular tickets, this would be no problem, however, tickets included in tour packages often come with special restrictions. It is well possible that you are not allowed to get off at any other station but Tokyo. If that were the case and you tried to get off at Shin-Yokohama Station, the automatic gates would not let you pass.

Again, I recommend to consult your tour operator for advice on the particular ticket.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks all 2008/4/24 22:40
Thanks everyone.

I contacted JTB Sunrise tours, and boarding/departing at a different station is NOT allowed.

They advised me that boarding at Shin-yokohama is possible, but ONLY if we tell them in advance before they book the tickets.

Thanks for the replies.
by jojokun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread