Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

my itnerary 2008/4/24 10:59
Hi...

I will be visiting Japan from 26th Oct for abt 16days.

Plan is to visit the following places but I do not whether it is enough time for me . Hope anyone can tell me . I wish to have a not too rush journey. Thanks ahead

Day 1 Tokyo after landing
at 2pm
Day 2-3 Aizuwakamatsu
Tsurjo castle
Ouchijuku Town
Lake Inawashiro-ko
Goshikinuma
Banadai-kogen
Day 3-4 Himeji castle
Okayama
Wakayama
Matsuyama
Tokushima
(naruto whirlpools)
Kochi
Day 5-6 Kobe
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Dotonbori
Amanohasidate
Day 7 Tokyo

Day8-9 Takayama
Shirawaka-go
Overnight Tokyo 2nd
night
Day 10 Jigokudani Yaenkoen
Day trip
Day 11 Tateyama Alpine route

Day 12 Tanzawa national park
Day trip
Day13-14 Roam in tokyo then proceed to Mt Fuij overnight there
Day15 back to tokyo for last min shopping
Day 16 home sweet home

Fleasible ? Is it a very stress journey ? Or do i need to cancel a few items or need to extend my trip ?

Thanks for your advice!

by hoon  

itinerary 2008/4/24 16:07
I think that you should first look at a map of Japan to find out the exact location of many of the places you want to see. for example:
Day 5-6 Kobe
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Dotonbori
Amanohasidate{qe]
Kobe is west of Osaka, nowhere near the Fushimi Inari shrine. That shrine is close to Kyoto on the Kyoto-Nara line.
Dotonbori is only an area of Osaka
Amanohashidate is way outside Kyoto, totally the opposite direction from the Inari shrine. It looks like you do a lot of going back and forth in your whole itinerary. You have also planned far too many places to see.

by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

amended.. 2008/4/25 00:15
Day 1 Tokyo after landing at 2pm
Day 2-3 Aizuwakamatsu, Tsurjo castle,Ouchijuku Town, Lake Inawashiro-ko, Goshikinuma and Banadai-kogen
Day 3-4 Himeji castle
Okayama
Wakayama
Tokushima
(naruto whirlpools)
Day 5-6 Kobe, Fushimi Inari Shrine Overnight Osaka
Day 7 Tokyo
Day8-9 Takayama
Shirawaka-go
Overnight Tokyo 2nd
night
Day 10 Jigokudani Yaenkoen
Day trip
Day 11 Tateyama Alpine route

Day 12 Tanzawa national park
Day trip
Day13-14 Roam in tokyo then proceed to Mt Fuij overnight there
Day15 back to tokyo for last min shopping
Day 16 home sweet home

Better now ?Pls help and comment .
by hoon rate this post as useful

itinerary. 2008/4/25 04:51
Your itinerary still goes all over the place without reason. You already make a scheduling mistake by going on day 2-3 to Aizu--wakamatsu etc. and Bandai-kogen WAY UP North of Tokyo then expecting to be, also on day 3, in Himeji etc. WAY SOUTH of Tokyo!.this is how some towns are located: way out west/Okayama -Himeji- -Kobe-Osaka-Wakayama--east (towards Tokyo but not on the main JR line). Matsuyama, Kochi,Tokushima, Naruto are all better accessed by train from Okayama.It will take at least 2 days to visit Okayama,all these Shikoku towns, Himeji and Kobe. You should then stay overnight in Osaka.The day after see Wakayama then Dotonbori and overnight in Osaka again. The day after U will go to Kyoto and the Fushimi Inari shrine (it takes 3hrs or more to go there and see it)-then go to Amanohashidate and overnight in Kyoto (No visit of Kyoto???).From Kyoto you will go, via Nagoya, to Takayama and Shirawaka-go and stay there.Then go via Nagano to Tokyo. This all I will say as your whole itinerary has too many places to see in the limited time you have and you underestimate the traveling time between each place and the time it takes to see each sight.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

oh.. 2008/4/25 11:17
reason for such a weird itnerary is because I have been to Japan for 10-11 times. This is the 12th visit that I am exploring Japan :P

never mind I wil edit again . Thanks . SOme problems encountered is that I cant find bus timetables for Aizu Wakamatsu area. Maybe you can help me with that ?

Thanks for your patience.
by hoon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread