Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kimono school in Kitakyushu 2008/4/24 15:21
I'm interested in finding our more about Japanese culture - especially in terms of their traditional dress.
If anyone knows any place in Kitakyushu with some sort of school that teaches you how to wear a kimono, teaches traditions and moderately foreigner friendly that would be awesome.
by bec  

kimono school 2008/5/2 15:30
i would like to tell you about kimono school but depends on where abouts do you live and how much you going to pay?how long do you want to study?coz there are many kimono school in kitakiyushu.some of them are very expensive.i will find good school for you.so tell me more details.

by samurai rate this post as useful

thanks! 2008/5/9 11:06
wow!! thank you very much! i live in tobata-ku
i'm a student so it would be nice if i didn't pay much. so like...one of the cheaper ones
by bec rate this post as useful

KIA in Yahata 2008/8/28 19:17
Also, try contacting the Kitakyushu International Association (KIA) in Yahata, where they often have kimono classes and other things for foreigners run by japanese people. They also have an english library and are very helpful.
by KT rate this post as useful

community center 2008/8/29 04:29
If you speak some Japanese you might try the closest community center, or kouminkan. They usually have all kinds of classes, from kimono (kitsuke) to calligraphy.

Even if you don't speak much Japanese at all, you could probably take the class, since mainly you are mimicking what everyone else is doing. You would probably only need help signing up initially. They may even lend you a kimono to try (like me).

Usually community center classes are fairly economical, too.
by kyarinchan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread