Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Month In Japan, Lodging? 2008/4/25 14:53
Alright. I have an issue right now. I have been looking for a place to stay in Tokyo for a while now and have yet to find a decent place to make accomodations. I am staying for 28 days, basically a month. Anyone know of any good places when I am bringing around 2000 dollars with me.
by Vincent  

a month 2008/4/25 17:14
you will definitely be better off paying accomodations with a credit card and save cash for food, transportation etc. On average plan on spending from 50 to 100$ per day NOT INCLUDING accomodations. have you checked Sakura house?
by monkey see rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/25 18:18
Does that 2000 include your accommodation? If not then I'd say you are really stretching it. It'd be best if you can find a short term apartment (Sakura house was mentioned, there's also a link to the right offering 15% off Tokyo Apartments).

Otherwise you can expect to spend 3000-4000 for budget accommodation alone. If you will be planning on budget travel then you need to budget at least 10000 yen per day for a comfortable trip.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

28 days in toyko 2008/4/25 20:04
$2,000.00---28 days---Tokyo---you got to be joking.
by wds rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/25 23:28
Well, I have gotten accomodations at a hostel. 20 a night for a dorm. Used to that from college. Went to ball state, so used to drunks.

And didn't have much choice in this. Have to go to a different culture for four weeks. That and I am going to spend some of it in Kagoshima at a friends house.
by Vincent rate this post as useful

$$ 2008/4/26 10:45
So if you have found a hostel for $20/night that's $560. (or take away half for staying in Kagoshima, so $300)

To get to Kagoshima will cost $600 return by train(shinkansen), or probably around $300 return to fly.

So you will have $1400 for 28 days food, expenses and local travel. That's $50/day. You will spend $3-$5 getting into temples, attractions etc, and probably $5-$8 just doing limited local traveling. That probably leaves you with $35-$40 a day for food.
It's not much. Even $2500 will make things better.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Pretty tight 2008/4/26 16:31
I don't think you can even live off MacDonalds with that budget. You picked an expensive country to visit as well as an expensive city to stay in. Thailand would be a great place on your budget....
by Holly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread