Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Translation help from reality show... 2008/4/30 07:52
Hi, folks. I was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers on the following passage. I'm not asking for a line-by-line translation, just a general idea with maybe a point or two about especially difficult parts (like hot crying, for example). Any help is greatly appreciated.

うまく言えないんだよね好きってなんか本当に日頃さ人の前でなんか熱くなって泣いたりさそんなこと本当にないのなのにさなんかあいのり来てからさ酒飲んで泣くわ熱くなって泣くわ俺ってこんなんだったっけもしかしてこれが本当の自分なのかなってなんか・・・
なんだろう『別にどこが好きなの?』って聞かれた時にかわいくてとか素晴らしくてスタイルが良くて目がパッチリでってそんなんじゃなくてさ本当になんかそんなんじゃなくて一緒にいるだけでいいって思えるのが初めてなんだ」
by jason braswell  

... 2008/4/30 10:32
The guy is rambling on about how he likes/is infatuated with this girl - saying since he met her he is finding parts of himself that he never knew before - such as drinking and crying or getting excited and crying, and that it's the fist time he feels he simply wants to be together with someone, without any specific reason why he likes the girl.

"atsuku natte naku" means "get excited and cry."

If you want to make it easier to decipher, here is a version with "sa" and "nante" (just like "you know" thrown in) removed :)

うまく言えないんだよね 好きって 本当に 日頃 人の前で 熱くなって 泣いたり そんなこと 本当にないの なのに あいのり来てから 酒飲んで泣くわ 熱くなって泣くわ 俺ってこんなんだったっけ もしかして これが 本当の自分なのかなって・・・
なんだろう 『別にどこが好きなの?』って 聞かれた時に かわいくて とか 素晴らしくて スタイルが良くて 目がパッチリで って そんなんじゃなくて 本当に そんなんじゃなくて 一緒にいるだけでいいって 思えるのが 初めてなんだ」
by AK rate this post as useful

lyrics? 2008/4/30 12:28
This is from lyrics, isn't it? It's so embarrassing. I can't say that to someone actually.

He is saying how much his affection for someone is strong, and also simple.
by lonitary rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/4/30 13:34
Thanks! That was helpful.
by jason braswell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread