Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nexus & Suica 2008/5/1 08:40
Hi,

I am traveling to Japan in May and planning purchasing a Nexus & Suica card. The sucia card is only 1500 yen worth fares. Can I use the balance 500 and not get the refund if I want?

CAn this be used to travel from Narrita to Ueno?

Do I have to make reservations from Tokyo to Narrita for my return?

Thanks in advance

Zen
by Zen  

. 2008/5/1 12:58
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/

Yes, according to the site, when traveling from Narita to Tokyo you can exit at Ueno.

From the website: "You can take your card home as a souvenir and use it on your next trip to Japan (for a period of 10 years after the last usage)."

It depends on how you're getting from Tokyo to Narita on your way back. The Nex/Suica package is only for the Nex trip to Tokyo, not back to the airport.
by . rate this post as useful

Narita Express reservations 2008/5/1 14:22
Zen,

Do I have to make reservations from Tokyo to Narita for my return?

Yes, you do. If you know the time of your return flight, I suggest you reserve seats on the Narita Express at least a few days in advance for peace of mind.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Nexus & Suica 2008/5/2 08:30
I will use the JR Pass for my return to Narrita. I will be taking the JR from Osaka to Tokyo and then To Narrita.
by Zen rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/2 08:55
Can I use the balance 500 and not get the refund if I want?

If you mean the 500 Yen deposit on the card, no. All you can do is cash in the card and use the 500 Yen to buy a regular ticket. Also, the chances of using exactly 1500 Yen in fares and having an "empty" card are pretty slim.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Nexus & Suica 2008/5/2 09:04
Is this card valid on Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima trains?
by Zen rate this post as useful

Suica & NEX 2008/5/2 09:13
Zen,

Note that the discount package is called "Suica & NEX" - not "nexus".

Is this card valid on Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima trains?

Suica cards are compatible with JR West's Icoca card, and therefore can be used on JR trains in the Osaka and Kyoto area. Unlike in the Tokyo area, they cannot be used on private lines or subways.

how do you reserve the seat back 2008/5/2 12:10
How do I go abouts reserving my ticket on the way back to the airport from Tokyo?
by Teaspoon rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/2 13:41
How do I go abouts reserving my ticket on the way back to the airport from Tokyo?

You can make seat reservations at any JR railway station from one month before travel date:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2016.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Suica & NEX 2008/7/3 14:59
Hi,

May i know
(1) can I use the Suica & NEX pass from Narita Airport to Shinagawa station.
(2) Can I use the Suica pass from Shinagawa stn to Otorri stn.

Thanks.
by rosa rate this post as useful

Nex & Suica 2008/7/3 17:50
Rosa,

(1) can I use the Suica & NEX pass from Narita Airport to Shinagawa station.

Yes, that is what it is intended for.

(2) Can I use the Suica pass from Shinagawa stn to Otorri stn.

If you mean Otorii station on the Keikyu Airport Line, yes.

Thanks.. 2008/7/4 12:58
Dave, thank you.
by rosa rate this post as useful

Suica vs Pasmo 2008/8/14 05:52
I have a question about the 2 IC cards. I'm going to be in Tokyo in October and want a single card to travel on the Metro/JR lines.

1. Which one is best and where can I get them?
2. Is there an automatic reload option?
by Jason rate this post as useful

Suica and ... 2008/8/14 06:14
Jason: please check www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html
or , if you can't get it, just google Suica/Pasmo and look for the thread from Japan-guide.. You can also look at A-Z, at the very top of this site, and check their transportation section, passes ,cards etc. If you intend to ask more questions, as you likely will, click on "ask a question"--in tiny print-- at the top right (under the blue coloured headings) of the japan-guide main page that has all the questions. You will be able to get your own thread.
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

reply to this thread