Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-imamiya 2008/5/5 15:09
Hi...

What is ur view abt this area - Shin-imamiya in Osaka? Is this a good place to stay for woman traveller?

Rdgs.
by Samantha  

.. 2008/5/6 12:45
Shin-imamiya is located by Kamagasaki. They say that Kamagasaki is the most dangerous town in Japan for woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamagasaki
Many Japanese tend to avoid going there still, though there are cheap guest houses for foreigners in Shin-imamiya recently.
by osaka-de-umareta rate this post as useful

Shin-Imamiya 2008/5/6 15:22
Shin-Imamiya isn't the prettiest area of Osaka and I had rather stay in Shin-Osaka, Namba etc. However that doesn't mean that Shin-Imamiya is very very dangerous, especially if one has the common sense to go back to the hotel before 11 pm.Homeless people are more to be pitied than feared. On my first trip to Paris, a dozen old ladies, a very naive priest and I, all from a small provincial town, stayed in a cheap hotel in the red light district of Montmartre. I walked alone in the area after supper,until 10pm. and wasn't bothered by anyone. I am a male but was only 14 at the time!
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

,,, 2008/5/7 01:01
By Japanese standard, Shin-Imamiya is more dangerous than an average district in a Japanese big city. But it doent mean Shin-Imamiya is too dangerous to stay at by international standard.

At the same time, the district offers cheaper accomodation, so it's your choice.

Other possible accomodation areas are, Umeda, Namba, Tenno-ji, Osaka castle areas.
by Ts rate this post as useful

unattractive 2008/5/7 05:21
When I had to wait for a train for an hour I walked around the area near Shin-imamiya station and it looked pretty depressing. I don't know about dangerous but it's definitely unattractive!
by Zavo rate this post as useful

just like other said 2008/5/7 08:15
its not an attractive zone but I never felt it dangerous, I stayed in a business hotel at this zone this december its just a couple of train stations from namba
by txema rate this post as useful

reply to this thread