Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What to do in Yufuin? 2008/5/6 15:20
Hi, I have about 3.5 hours in Yufuin, wondering what can I do there suppose I am not having onsen?

I only know there is a Kinrin Lake.
by Tommy  

... 2008/5/6 15:42
There is not much to do beside bathing? Why not try a bath?

If you don't want to take a bath, I recommend to stroll around the Lake Kinrin area.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/5/6 15:45
Thanks Uji!
I was planning to have a bath in Beppu area, and since I'd be having one in Beppu, thought I could skip one in Yufuin.

Or would it be a different experience? I understand that Yufuin is more rural and Beppu is more urban.

Saw some nice mountains and padi plantations in some Yufuin pictures after doing a search. Is it around the Kinrin Lake area too?

Sounds like 3.5 hours is enough for Yufuin?
by Tommy rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/6 17:10
Tommy, I stayed at Yufuin last September. As Uji mentioned, there's nothing to see in the town if you don't spend a night at a ryokan. There're some shops between the station and Lake Kinrin but the lake itself is just a small pond...
by JLady rate this post as useful

Yufuin 2008/5/7 04:18
I spent most of a day in Yufuin several years ago. I found it a bit touristy but it's a nice small town with some big mountains around. The lake is small but picturesque w/ several onsen. Seemed like restaurant choices were few. I did try one of the onsen and was not disappointed. Spent most of my time walking (off the main street) and found it very pleasant.
by Steve rate this post as useful

reply to this thread