Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama 2008/5/7 14:47
We are looking to catch a ferry on 3 September 2008 from Kobe to Matsuyama, and were hoping to do this during the day.
Does anyone know an English site that lists departure times.
I have found the departure times for the Diamond Ferry (it seems to only go at night), however I can't find anything in English regarding the Kansai Kisen.
Also, does anyone have any advice regarding this trip through the inland see, is it worth doing?
by lissa2905  

... 2008/5/7 16:45
Diamond Ferry and Kansai Kisen are now co-operating on the Kobe-Matsuyama route. The daily ferry is leaving Kobe at 22:40.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama 2008/5/7 17:02
Could you please confirm that there is no daytime ferry, or way across the Inland Sea during the day time. If there is, could you please provide me with information regarding this.
by lissa2905 rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/7 17:04
Not from Osaka/Kobe to Matsuyama. But there are various other ferry routes that go along or across the Seto Inland Sea:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2355.html

Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama 2008/5/7 17:29
Thankyou, is there a website I can go to in order to look at this?

We would consider an overnight on the boat a great experience.

Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama 2008/5/7 18:36
I cannot seem to find a website in English regarding this overnight trip and booking same. Can anyone advise?

... 2008/5/7 21:19
I am afraid, the companies don't have English websites.

Here is the phone number, although, I am not sure whether they have English speakers:
06-6572-5181

Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama 2008/5/8 08:24
Thank you for the information. Do you know the name of the company that runs the ferry, and if they have an email address.

Ferry From Kobe 2008/5/8 14:30
Does anyone know of an email address or website (english) that could assist in booking the Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama.

Also would the Ferry be covered by the JR Railpass.

... 2008/5/9 08:16
Does anyone know of an email address or website (english) that could assist in booking the Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama.

As mentioned before, the companies are called Diamond Ferry and Kansai Kisen. They don't have English websites.

Also would the Ferry be covered by the JR Railpass.

No.

Look at this 2008/5/9 16:16
http://www.ease.com/~randyj/rjjapanf.htm

could be of some assistance to you Lissa.....I don't know when it was last updated
by RodW rate this post as useful

Ferry from Kobe to Matsuyama 2008/5/9 16:55
Thank you Rod, the information is very useful.

... 2008/5/9 19:24

reply to this thread