Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen Reccomendation in Niigata/Gunma? 2008/5/8 05:46

I am looking for a moderately priced (e.g., under 10,000 yen) ryokan or minshuku onsen with rotemburo somewhere in Niigata or Gunma along the Joetsu Shinkansen route (I will be stopping off for a few nights in late May en route from Niigata City to Narita). I would like something very traditional and in a rural setting.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
by dhg  

... 2008/5/8 08:12
Reading your question, Hoshi Onsen immediately popped into my mind. It is very rural and traditional, but you pay a little bit more than 10,000 yen per night and person, including dinner and breakfast:
http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/db/gunma/chojukan.htm

Also, access is somewhat inconvenient (few buses, transfer required), but that is what you pay for a rural setting.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks, Uji 2008/5/8 10:01
It does look very nice and I think the buses might be manageable, but the 150,000 to 200,000 yen is out of my range.

I guess I will keep looking.

Thanks again.
by dhg rate this post as useful

onsenkaku 2008/5/8 12:51
I visited Onsenkaku a few months ago, and highly recommend the place.

http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/db/gunma/osenkaku.htm
by liem rate this post as useful

Thanks. 2008/5/10 06:20
Thanks, Liem. You're right, the place looks perfect, even if a bit out of my price range. Their site says they don't accept single travelers but I am in the process of trying to book a room there anyway........and still looking into other options in case they say no.

Thanks again.
by dhg rate this post as useful

chojukan 2008/7/15 16:52
hello,

i am thinking about going to hoshi onsen too. i wrote an email to osenkaku and they said, that they do not accept single travelers. i am going there in october and they said i should write back on teh 1st of october and if then a room is available they would do it. i got an offer from japanesguesthouses for the chojukan ryokan and it is 16,000 yen for one night. being probably one of my highlights in japan and refreshing my energy before going to tokio and kyoto i will do it and enjoy avery minute.
by michael rate this post as useful

Onsen recommendation in Gunma 2008/7/17 10:04
I have been to onsen in Hakone area and Yumoto-onsen. For this onsen trip, i am thinking of going to Gunma. Website recommended Kusatsu-onsen area. Can someone pls recommend a convenient and affordable ryokan with onsen facilities? Thx
by Roc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread