Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climb Mt Fuji on Evening 7 Sept 2008 2008/5/8 15:27
Although it is a touch out of season we are determined to climb Mt Fuji on the evening of 7 September 2008 to see the sunrise. I couldn't bear to leave Japan without witnessing this.

There will be two of us.

Does anyone have any advice regarding
- what facilities may be open
- which 5th station to depart from
-what the weather may be like
-what level of fitness is required.
-What time sunrise is and how long to allow for the ascent

Lastly, is anyone out there planning a climb at the same time.
by lissa2905  

... 2008/5/9 08:25
Quite a few huts will probably still be open, especially along the trail from the Kawaguchiko 5th Station:
http://www.city.fujiyoshida.yamanashi.jp/div/english/html/lo...

- which 5th station to depart from

Kawaguchiko 5th Station. Access by rental car is recommended due to inconvenient bus service in the off season

-what the weather may be like

Not much different than during the official climbing season.

-what level of fitness is required.

It is strenuous, but if you tackle it at a slow pace, even people in not so good condition can do it.

- What time sunrise is and how long to allow for the ascent

Around 5:15. How long it takes:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Mt Fuji Climb 2008/5/9 08:44
Thank you Ugi for your help.

The website that you gave me talks about the Fujisan Yoshida Guchi trail. Is this the trail up from the Kawaguchiko 5th Station?

Is it necessary to book ahead at the mountain huts or can you just turn up (given that it is September)
by lissa2905 rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/9 19:11
The website that you gave me talks about the Fujisan Yoshida Guchi trail. Is this the trail up from the Kawaguchiko 5th Station?

Yes.

Is it necessary to book ahead at the mountain huts or can you just turn up (given that it is September)

I am not sure. But they won't be booked out, for sure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread