Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR hokkaido flexible 4-day 2008/5/14 00:45
hi,

I plan to buy a JR Hokkaido pass with a flexible 4-day, may I know how this actually works in particularly of travelling through the night train. If I start my journey at 11pm and arrive to destination at 5am next day morning, will this consider 2 days ?
by Gee  

... 2008/5/14 12:58
It seems that it will be considered as just one day, assuming, that the journey starts and ends within the service area of JR Hokkaido (there are not many night trains left in Hokkaido - probably only the Hamanasu). But I am not sure whether this applies to just the last of the four day coupons or to each of them.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Ltd exp Marimo 2008/5/15 14:39
Hi Uji San, thanks for your prompt response. I plan to book the JR overnight train (Ltd Exp Marimo) from Kushiro departing on 11.30pm to Sapporo arriving 6.20am. I will be travelling on this train on 7/25 (Friday), is this train still operating at late night hours ?
by Gee rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/18 10:14
This summer will be the last time for the Marimo night train to operate. It will be discontinued after August 31.

In summer 2008, Marimo will be operating as follows:

July: 4-6, 11-13, 18-31
August: 1-31

Nemurohonesen's night train ! 2008/7/14 14:12
hey Uji, from what i found the train schedule at ...http://www.jrkushiro.jp/jikokuhyou/nemurohonsen/nemurohonsen... , the night train from Sapporo to Kushiro or vice serva is not operating in this month July 2008. Can you please help me to understand what's different between Nemuro line and Marimo Ltd Express ? also would like to confirm again the Marimo is operating during summer as what you mentioned above ?

thanks,
by Gee rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/15 08:20
The timetable is for spring 2008. It does not contain information for summer.

I gave the operation dates for the night trains above.

... 2008/7/15 08:21
Can you please help me to understand what's different between Nemuro line and Marimo Ltd Express ?

The Nemuro Line is the name of the train line. The marimo Ltd. Express is the name of one of the trains running along the Nemuro Line.

reply to this thread