Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best flight from Australia 2008/5/22 07:20
New airlines popping up, different deals, etc, - can anyone suggest the most economical way to get to Tokyo from Brisbane (return)in September please?
by Connie Chiwa  

Jetstar 2008/5/22 10:17
The only cheap way to get there is through Jet Star. They fly into Osaka.

There is 2 options.
1. Brisbane - Sydney - Osaka
(10 Hours flying time)
This is the one i normaly take

2. Brisabne - Cairns (stop off for 4 hours) - Osaka.

Takes the same amount of time jsut u have to get off the plane for 10hours.

I think if you work the site around a bit you can get there and back for about $1,100 inc all taxes.

At the moment you can get there and back for $538 if you where ready to go in the next 2 -4 weeks. They have a massive sale on.
Let me know if you want to know anything else.

ohhh i would suggest you buy the entetainment pack as well.
by 89VIP rate this post as useful

I agree... 2008/5/22 11:58
I agree, go with Jetstar.
I recently flied with Jetstar to Osaka for $400 inc taxes, this meant I flew to Japan and back for $800, and just in time for the sakura season!
I'm very surprised more Australians don't fly Jet Star, the service was fantastic, no flight delays, smooth flight - great staff.

I'll certainly go with them again, my only regret is not getting StarClass, cause they have awesome lazyboy-type armchairs lol!

So pair this with a JR train pass and you're laughing.
I went to Hiroshima, Tokyo, Osaka and many other places for $1800 all up for transport, and the great thing is I could have traveled to plenty more places for the same cost - so that's my suggestion.
by Shidesha rate this post as useful

Hmmm...... 2008/5/22 12:07
Looks like $1016 in Sept. when we would go - pretty good.
Is the $30 food charge worth it?
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

yes 2008/5/22 12:59
yes it is cos other wise you will have to pay on the plane and sumtimes they dont have what you want.
try to get seats at the middle front cos then you will b 1st 2 be served.
i was at the back and they only had 1 choice of food even though id pre paid.

Service was ok. Id paid for the travlers pack also on the way home cos it was a nhgt flight and they ran out of them and didnt give me my $14 back but thats all i have to complian about.

As i said get the enternainment pack its well worth it.
If you dont buy the compfort pack make sure u have a shirt or jumper so u can roll up and have under u neck if you want to sleep. its easy if you have a window seat.

not much else i can help ya with. but let me know if there is.

Im heding over soon as well and will b useing jetstar again.
by 89VIP rate this post as useful

Jetstar BNE->CNS->NGO 2008/5/22 19:14
Note that Jetstar also flies to Nagoya (aka Centrair / Central Japan International Airport, Chubu Kokusai Kuukou), which is closer to Tokyo than Osaka (Kansai).
by anon rate this post as useful

definately Jetstar 2008/5/24 17:07
Jetstar by far have the cheapest price.

We've got tickets to Japan (osaka) from Sydney for $480 RETURN!!! We'll be heading over there in November....some time left to save for spending money!!
by 1st-time rate this post as useful

Jetstar to NRT 2008/6/6 18:33
Jetstar will be flying to Narita, and dropping of flights to Nagoya, from December 2008.
by anon rate this post as useful

Ahh Jetstar... 2008/6/6 19:02
...from October they may fly Narita-Sydney-Gold Coast and back same way. Then again they refuse to confirm this (great if you have a ticket!!). They've cancelled Cairns to Osaka flights, leaving the Cairns community outraged!
At least they're cheap!

by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread