Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eko-in at Koyasan 2008/5/27 10:48
Has anyone stayed at Eko-in at Koyasan? How was it? I am going for one night in August and I want an authentic, interactive experience; would this temple be good for that? If not, do you have any recommendations to other temples at Koyasan?

Also, where can I make a reservation for Eko-in? Japanguesthouse did not list Eko-in, and I don't know where else to look up.

Thank you!
by michelle  

look.... 2008/5/27 12:14
There's another Koyasan question on the forum now so look at that as it has good info. We stayed at Dai-en-in which was great but others get good reports. We suspect the excellent food comes from a central kitchen in town to most places anyway.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

Ekoin Reservation Contact 2008/6/10 11:14
You can email the Ekoin directly at ekoin (at) mbox (dot) co (dot) jp

They are very friendly and speak very good english to arrange your stay. I was able to confirm via email even though I was told I'd have to call. There are 3 meal choices which they can also explain if you ask for the difference as well as the prices.
by BGilbert rate this post as useful

cost of staying at Eko-in? 2008/6/12 14:04
Hi! I don't have the answer to the question, unfortunately, but I have another related question. For those who have stayed here before, how much did it cost?

Thank you!
by Dii rate this post as useful

Prices 2008/6/12 22:22
I've stayed there in October 2006 and April this year.
If you take the normal dinner, it's 10.000Y per person and night. The better meal is 12.000Y
by Manu rate this post as useful

Shojoshin-in 2008/6/13 05:42
Just sent an email to Shojoshin-in through japaneseguesthouses.com -- will be at Mt Koya for July 19th -- hopefully this is a good temple to stay at!
by Ryan rate this post as useful

- 2008/6/13 09:43
I emailed Eko-in but they're already full on the day that I planned to go to Koyasan.

I booked in Shojoshin instead.

Ryan, I am staying at Shojoshin on the same day of your stay! Yay at least someone will speak english!
by jennifer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread