Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okonomiyaki 2008/5/27 15:57
Hello, I'll be in Osaka for 3 days next week.
Can you tell me about, Your Favorite Okonomiyaki Ya!
I like the ones where I can cook it myself at the table.
Any suggestions? Names & or address would be great.

Domo
by MAIU !  

. 2008/5/28 01:19
In this you cannot cook yourself, but I was in Osaka last week and entered "Okono domus" in the famous Dotonbori. It is almost hidden and in the basement (you enter from the street); and mine was delicious :D
by Aerond rate this post as useful

Yukari 2008/5/28 03:42
Normally a waiter/waitress makes Okonomiyaki for you, but you might be able to make your own. Here is a link:
http://www.yukarichan.co.jp/frameset.html
This places is one of the most famous and best in Osaka.
by IS rate this post as useful

Domo 2008/5/28 09:37
Thanks for the Info. Guys/Gals.
I guess I'm lucky. Most of the time I find a place that allows me to cook it myself. It's just fun to do.

Does anyone else have any okonomiyaki info. in Osaka?
by MAIU ! rate this post as useful

Directions to 2008/5/28 11:54
Hi Yukari,

Can you tell me how to get to the place that you've mentioned in Osaka? Thank you
by Funshine rate this post as useful

Apologises 2008/5/28 11:55
I'm sorry but the previous post should be addressed to IS instead of Yukari. Didn't realise earlier that Yukari is the restaurant name.
by Funshine rate this post as useful

Not Ok... 2008/5/28 17:14
Why all the fuss? I've had a few tries at Okonomiyaki and all they seem to get right is that it's okonomi and yucki. This includes supposedly Hiroshima's finest too. Yes it's fun to paddle about with food on a hot counter, but I can't see much else to recommend it.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

Good Stuff 2008/5/29 02:22
I've had my wifes homemade okonomiyaki, Osaka style in Osaka and in a restaurant in Hiroshima. It has all been good. However, by far, the okonomiyaki I had in Hiroshima was the best. It was simply fantastic.
by cf rate this post as useful

Connie . . . 2008/5/29 10:29
would you like to go have lunch/dinner with me?

okonomiyaki & biiru oishii
by MAIU ! rate this post as useful

My favorite. 2008/6/24 14:28
I love Okonomiyaki made by Fugetsu. Shops are in Osaka.
by Nigiri rate this post as useful

Okonomiyakiya 2008/6/24 15:21
My favorite Okonomiyakiya is Fugetu and Boteju.
They are delicious.
by TA rate this post as useful

Good place in Osaka 2008/6/26 07:19
For anyone interested in a good Okonomiyaki restaurant in Osaka, my friend and I had a very good meal at a small place down by JR Fukushima station. If you get out from the station and walk down the multi-colored road past the Mister Donut's on your right, you'll eventually find the place on your right, just before the 7-11 at the end of the road. Run by a nice older couple, very friendly and very affordable.
by Toomin rate this post as useful

I think.. 2008/7/3 11:36
I like Okonomiyaki with cheese and mochi.
If you go to USJ, I recommend you the shop in front of USJ.
by KKK rate this post as useful

The best 2008/7/7 08:03
The best Okonomiyaki that I have ever had was in Matsuyama. It was in one of the department store floors with quite a few eateries. Located above the main Iyotetsu railway station ( Matsuyamashi ) opposite the New Grand Hotel where one of the tram lines terminate. And it was far from "yukki". For Yucky my vote goes to an establishment in Hiroshima where the cook was sweating so profusely it was dripping in to the food.
by RodW rate this post as useful

best okonomiyaki 2008/12/15 22:49
The best okonomiyaki I had was in Kintetsu Department store (9th floor) opposite Tennoji Station. I think the restaurant's name is Okonomi Yukari or something like that.
by Lil rate this post as useful

.......... 2008/12/16 01:00
The best is in Tenjimbashi Suji Shotengai near Ogimachi across from KFC.
by Beto rate this post as useful

umeda area 2008/12/16 06:26
we had an amazing time at one in the umeda area (our Japanese speaking cousin asked the concierge at the New hankyu hotel) if you go out the hotel door away from the station end and down the alley it is 2 floors up narrow stairs on your right : the entrance to the stairs is actually marked with an Italian flag: it was really inexpensive too
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread