Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai airport check out 2008/5/29 12:37
Hi,

Does anyone know how long check out process is at Kansai airport? I will be landing approx 8:20pm from Sydney. Just trying to sort out my transportation and hotel check in.

Cheers,
Dee
by Dee  

... 2008/5/29 17:16
Usually it takes 30-60 minutes from landing at the airport until boarding transportation to the city center. More if you need to do staff like exchanging money, sending luggage or getting a rail pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/29 17:30
This goes with the other question, how long is a piece of string?

There are many variables, so it is impossible to give an acurate answer. Your plane could be early, late or on time. There could be a long queue at immigration, or you could be first off the plane and at the head of the queue. Your baggage could be first on the carousel or the last. You might waltz through customs or get a jobsworth customs officer that wants to check everything you have with you.

This is why I said, in your original post about transportation, to fax your hotel and advise them that you will be arriving later than the 22.00 time limit they have for check-in.

Having said that, an average might be 45-60 mintues. There is a good change that you will not get the direct JR train at 21.16, especially if you have to get your JR Rail Pass. You can check train times/connections here:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Make sure to enter Shin Osaka as Shinosaka.

Another option might be to see if they still have a room at Toyoko Inn Nanba:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00054/index.html

This is nearer than Shin Osaka, you can get there via one train (Nankai Railways). There is an airport express (Rapit) every 30 minutes until 22.35 and takes about 40 minutes. You will probably still arrive at the hotel a little after 22.00 (so let them know), but you don't have to worry about changing trains.

by RobBeer rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/30 11:07
Thank you to you both! :)
Yes I will just fax the hotel to tell them about my late check in after 10pm.

Does it take awhile to get the JR pass at the airport? I know it may depend on the line etc...
by Dee rate this post as useful

Kansai 2008/5/30 22:48
Hi Dee
I assume you are travelling with Jetstar. We arrived at Kansai on the same flight but it was running 1 hour late. Checkout only took 30 minutes. We caught the Namba
O-cat to Osaka and since it was so late we got our rail passes the following day.
by Sue rate this post as useful

: p 2008/5/31 10:26
Dee, when are you going? I am catching the same flight on the 26th of June (Jetstar, I'm assuming?). I also caught the same flight last november but they have started taking fingerprints at the airport so that will have changed the times.

If you are still looking for a hotel, I found the Comfort Hotel Shinsaibashi to be very god and easy to access. (You catch the train from the Kansai airport to Shin Osaka station, change to subway, get off at Shinsaibashi Station).
They also have a really good breakfast included in the price.

R.
by R. rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/31 20:27
Hi Sue & R,

I will be flying out of Sydney with Jetstar on the 13th June. Hopefully all goes smoothly and already booked my acco with tokyo inn@shin osaka. I suppose if there are delays at the airport I'll can always do it at Shin osaka station.

I will start using my JR pass on the 19th June? Do I exchange it then or should I do it straight away since I'm got a 7 day pass?

Cheers,

KIX 2008/5/31 21:13
Aloha Dee,

When you exchange your Exchange Order for a JR Rail Pass, there is a form that you will need to fill out and it will ask what date you will want to start your JR Rail Pass. So any day from your arrival date to the day you want it to start using the rail pass will be okay to exchange for a rail pass. Sometimes the lines are very long at JR Shin-Osaka. JR Osaka has shorter lines. If you have time on the night of your arrival, the JR Ticket office at Kansai Airport should have the shortest line. Most times there is no line and they close at 2300. The actual process of exchanging the exchange order for a rail pass is about 5 mins.

Have fun!
by HNL Hawaiian rate this post as useful

..! 2008/6/2 19:12
Thank you much appreciated! ;)

Form 2008/6/2 22:45
Dee
To save time at the JR Ticket Office you can print out the form online
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en006.html# and complete the details beforehand.
by Sue rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/3 00:29
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread