Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

weather in hokkaido 2008/5/29 15:41
Hello, my questions are 1. SInce july and august are the peak season for japanese visitors, is it better to go on beginning of June ? 2. will I see flower blomming in beginning of June? 3. According to lonely planet book, it says that september and october have the highest rainfall, does it mean that it is not good to visit hokkaido during autumn? Also, the weather information from lonely planet is completely different from the info in the forum about the raining season in hokkaido. Which one is more realiable? thank you.
by yap sing yue  

... 2008/5/29 17:36
SInce july and august are the peak season for japanese visitors, is it better to go on beginning of June ?

If you want to reduce the number of other travelers, I rather recommend late June or early July. This is also a better time to see flowers as opposed to early June. Altghough it also depends where you go and what kind of flowers you want to see.

According to lonely planet book, it says that september and october have the highest rainfall, does it mean that it is not good to visit hokkaido during autumn?

The highest rain/snowfall in Hokkaido is around December. September and October tend to be relatively nice months for visiting Hokkaido. It is the season of autumn leaves.

Also, the weather information from lonely planet is completely different from the info in the forum about the raining season in hokkaido.

Hokkaido is a huge island. The weather can be surprisingly different depending on the location on Hokkaido.

For example, here is the approximate percentage of sunny days for Sapporo:

January: 40%
February: 50%
March: 55%
April: 55%
May: 55%
June: 50%
July: 45%
August: 50%
September: 50-60%
October: 60-50%
November: 35%