Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day Train fron Ueno to Sapporo 2008/5/30 00:57
I plan to take a the Day train from Ueno to Sapporo on 2Jul 08 (Wednesday). could anuone help me to confirm are all the train schedules stated below still valid. These info are downloaded from Internet using Hyperdia.

Route as follow:- Ueno @1802hrs by Shinkansen Hayate 29 to Hachinohe @2118hrs by Ltd Exp Tsugaru 29 to Aomori @2242hrs by Exp Hamanasu to Sapporo.

I am using JR pass (only for tourist, to be purchased in Singapore). I know Hayate29 & Tsugaru 29 are covered in my JR pass, ie I need not pay train fare for these 2. However, I am not sure whether JR pass holder need to pay 6930 yen for the Exp Hamanasu Train sleeper car charge. Thanks

by wilmich  

... 2008/5/30 11:24
The Hamanasu between Aomori and Sapporo is not a day train! It leaves Aomori in the late evening and arrives in Sapporo in the early morning.

The times given by Hyperdia are correct with respect to the current timetable.

However, I am not sure whether JR pass holder need to pay 6930 yen for the Exp Hamanasu Train sleeper car charge.

You have to pay additionally if you use a berth, but you do not need to pay additionally if you travel by seat.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/30 14:14
The schedules you have quoted are all correct.

If you choose to take the 'Carpet Car' on Hamanasu, it's free of charge for a JR pass holder.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/hodo/burutore/hamanasu/img/hama_2...
by optimistk rate this post as useful

Hamanasu train to Sapporo fully Sleeper? 2008/6/2 23:05
Can anyone please confirm that The Hamanasu train do have seat or carpet car that i do not need to pay extra for using JR pass because a Japanese frien told me that All cars of hamanasu are sleeper and need to pay the surcharge.
by wilmich rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/2 23:18
Seems the Japanese friend of yours has given you incorrect info.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2356.html
by optimistk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread