Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Noboribetsu Onsen hotel 2008/5/30 02:52
We will be going to Noboribetsu on 28 August and 29 August to Toyako. I have gone through the onsen hotels in Noboribetsu and realised that they are pretty much costly. Does the Onsen hotels in Noboribetsu comes attached with a private onsen bath in the room (not written clearly in the websites) if they are not then if we go for the public onsen in the hotel can we wear swim suit (i am an Asian who is shy going naked in the public) Is it really worth it paying for so much for the hotel in Noboribetsu or we can stay in Toyako instead for both nights and visit Noboribetsu and make our way back to Toyako? Is Daiichi Takimotokan a good choice? I saw many recommended this hotel. Any recommendations for other options.Anything cheaper?
Thanks.
by Teng  

... 2008/5/30 11:29
Does the Onsen hotels in Noboribetsu comes attached with a private onsen bath in the room (not written clearly in the websites)

Only deluxe rooms come with private onsen! Usually, unless it is mentioned, you can assume that you will not have a private onsen bath on your room. Many rooms come with regular private bathtub with regular water, though.

if they are not then if we go for the public onsen in the hotel can we wear swim suit

No! But some hotels might have some baths that can be used on a private basis. They are usually called "private bath", "family bath" or "kashikiri bath"

Is it really worth it paying for so much for the hotel in Noboribetsu or we can stay in Toyako instead for both nights and visit Noboribetsu and make our way back to Toyako?

I don't think there is a big price difference between Noboribetsu and Toyako. Bot towns offer a range of accommodations from inexpensive to luxury.

Is Daiichi Takimotokan a good choice?

Yes. It has some of the best indoor onsen baths in Japan. But you might not enjoy it if you don't want to be naked.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Youth Hostel Available 2008/5/31 01:41
Thanks Uji for answering my doubts.

AKASHIYA-SO YOUTH HOSTEL and KANEFUKU YOUTH HOSTEL, i have read about these two from some forums however i couldn't find them in the YH website. Are they closed down already? Since we are not going for the onsen, we hope to get onsen free accommodations. Is it available? We would like to attend the Jigoku matsuri (Hell festival). What time does it ends? Is it possible to leave Noboribetsu after Hell festival ends?
by Teng rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/31 08:38
AKASHIYA-SO seems to be just a regular hostel, not a youth hostel, but it still seems to exist. KANEFUKU used to be a youth hostel in Noboribetsu, but it was closed in 2006.

Since we are not going for the onsen, we hope to get onsen free accommodations. Is it available?

No, I am afraid there is no such thing as free accommodation.

We would like to attend the Jigoku matsuri (Hell festival). What time does it ends?

The main events seem to end by 22:00.

AKASHIYA-SO 2008/5/31 11:49
AKASHIYA-SO seems to be just a regular hostel, not a youth hostel, but it still seems to exist.

Do you have the email/ website address of AKASHIYA-SO? I don't seem to find it.

Since we are not going for the onsen, we hope to get onsen free accommodations. Is it available?

Sorry, maybe i didn't put myself clear. What i meant is any hotel that does not provide onsen

We would like to attend the Jigoku matsuri (Hell festival). What time does it ends?
The main events seem to end by 22:00.

Will there still be train or bus service to toyako?

Thanks for your promptly replies and help, Uji.

by Teng rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/31 19:09
After all I am not so sure anymore whether the Akashiyaso really still exists. All I can find is published here, including a phone number:
http://www.hostels.com/en/hosteldetailsnobooking.php/RecordI...

Will there still be train or bus service to toyako?

No.

reply to this thread