Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lotteria: Any good? 2008/5/30 15:04
I went to Japan a few weeks ago. and of course I noticed a lot of McDonalds and KFC stores. I also noticed Lotteria. I was too busy eating Japanese food, so I never tried it, but now for some random reason I am wondering if I actually missed anything by not going there.
by magpie1862  

not bad! 2008/5/30 18:47
personally I like Lotteria burgers - shrimp burger is good & terriyaki egg burger.....mmmmm I could go one right now.....

I'll probably open up a huge argument here, but Lotteria is waaaaaay better than Mos Burger IMO

Burger Queen

by burger queen rate this post as useful

Love it 2008/5/31 00:29
I've never tried Mos Burgers. But Lotteria is definitely much much better than McDonalds. Actually it's my favorite fast food chain. I love Cheese Straight Burger! Fresh and tasty. :D
by tay rate this post as useful

Hmmmm 2008/5/31 23:54
I'm off to Japan in July do they have one near Kawasaki (Musashi Kosugi to be precise!)?
by Dwane Dibbly rate this post as useful

Well... 2008/6/1 05:42
I saw in in every Japanese city I went to, them being...

Himeji
Tokyo
Kobe
Kyoto
Hiroshima
by magpie1862 rate this post as useful

Hmmm... not that great... 2008/6/2 20:51
In my opinion: no you're not missing anything. The meat isn't very good quality, even the bread is limp. The fries etc are okay. But I guess it depends on your taste. (For example, I don't really like McDonald's burgers.)

My personal favourite is Becker's burgers, they are a little less greasy-tasting, I think, with fresher ingredients.

Dwayne, I don't know about Musashi-kosugi - I'm sure there is, since Lotteria are really common - but there's at least two right by Kawasaki station. You will definitely see them everywhere you go :)
by rafracia rate this post as useful

.. 2008/6/4 05:33
I was in Japan last month and I tried all the large chains. I found Lotteria the worst with MacDonalds. I really liked MOS Burger because they seem to carry on a creative menu while for classic burgers Freshness is unbeatable.
by Aerond rate this post as useful

By international standards.. 2008/6/4 06:35
Japanese McDonalds is very good.
by magpie1862 rate this post as useful

Try it I like them all. 2008/6/4 15:52
Lotteria is good. I also love Freshness and Moss. Mcdonalds also has some fresh ideas that we don't see here in the States. Don't pass up the family restraunts like Skylark, Bikuri Donkey, Denny's, etc. Lunch is usually cheap if you stick to a set menu. Enjoy yourself and budget extra because theres so much to try.
by Food Lover rate this post as useful

Dennys 2008/6/5 01:53
Thanks rafracia I'll try Kawasaki staion for one.
I agree with the comments about trying Dennys. for a family its good. Coffee is non stop and very children friendly
by Thanks rate this post as useful

I thought Lotteria was OK 2008/6/29 21:18
When we were there last xmas/new years, we tried most of the fast foods while we were there.

Lotteria had these little things they called Mochi donuts or something... they were like donut holes filled with bean paste, and served hot. They were yummy.

The fries at Lotteria were quite good, and the burger was pretty good.

We went to freshness burger a couple times too. The fries were good there too, and the burgers pretty good.

I liked both better than Mos Burger. I'm not a big fan of Mos Burger.

My favourite fast food burger in Japan is the Ebi Baga at McDonalds. Yumm!
by tequilatamm rate this post as useful

D: 2008/7/2 00:41
I thought the burgers were disgusting, but that's just my opinion. My friend didn't have a problem with them. To me they tasted like meatloaf loaded with pepper, and soaked in grease.
by Kelly rate this post as useful

yay for mos! 2008/7/3 00:41
Freshness is really the best. But the prices are rally high.

I personally like the ebi-burger from MosBurger the most. Can't wait to eat again this summer~
by Tina rate this post as useful

reply to this thread