Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Yamanote Line Tickets 2008/5/31 16:56
I arrived in Japan yesterday and after looking at maps of the JR Yamanote Line, I have decided that I want to be able to travel from Shibuya-station to Ikebukuro-station and stops in between. (I am living near Yoyogi-station and have class 5 days a week near Takadanobaba-station). I will be in Japan for one month and I am not sure what I should do about tickets. The only two possibilities I have found are buying daily tickets or getting a prepaid card. Are there any other options?
by Zander  

commuter pass 2008/5/31 20:57
one way ticket costs 160yen.

JR commuter pass between Shibuya and Ikebukuro is 5040yen, which enables you to get on/off at any stations inbetween anytime. Thus this pass pays off if you use it about 30 times.

by Ts rate this post as useful

for 1 month 2008/5/31 21:02
sorry to forget telling that this commuter pass is valid for 1 month.
by Ts rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/31 22:28
I also recommend you get what is called a COMMUTER PASS, its the regular fare times 30/31. Pretty much it pays it self off after 15 days of traveling to/from your school.

If you were to pay each day regularly you would be spending 2x the price in the end.

You can purchase commuter passes at machines marked COMMUTER PASSES, for 500yen more you can choose the option for the Suica card version.
by John rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/6/1 05:24
Thanks for the quick replies^^. Ill be picking up a commuter pass today when I make my way up to the station.
by Zander rate this post as useful

reply to this thread