Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Takayama 2008/5/31 20:31
Hi everyone,

Just needing some help with the best way to travel from Kyoto to Takayama? I will start using my JR pass. How long approximately is the travel?I will check out of my hotel at 10am.

I've searched on this website and it only gives directions from Tokyo to Takayama but I'll be coming from Kyoto.

Thanks for your help! ;)

Cheers,
by Dee  

... 2008/6/1 07:56
This website also gives information on travel between Kyoto and Takayama:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5908.html?aFROM=2158_5900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyoto - Maibara - Takayama? 2008/6/1 15:56
I know that Uji is always correct, especially with trains and train schedules, but I've been wondering about this myself:

When coming from Kyoto, wouldn't it be faster to change trains at Maibara station instead of Nagoya? I believe that (some) Hikari's stop at Maibara and there is a connection with the Hida express to Takayama there.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/1 22:10
In this case, travelling via Nagoya is the least troublesome with only one transfer en route.

Kyoto 10:56--(Shinkansen Hikari)--11:32 Nagoya 11:48--(limited express Hida)--14:16 Takayama

There is one direct Hida train from Kyoto to Takayama
Kyoto 8:31 (8:34 on weekends)--12:13 Takayama
by optimistk rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/2 19:02
Thank you all for your directions! :)
by Dee rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/7 10:25
I believe that (some) Hikari's stop at Maibara and there is a connection with the Hida express to Takayama there.

As pointed out by optimistk, there is one single direct train per day that travels from Osaka via Kyoto and Maibara to Takayama. All the other trains do not travel via Maibara.

So, if you travel early in the morning, you could consider taking the direct train from Kyoto to Takayama:
08:31 Kyoto (leaves 08:34 on weekends)
12:13 Takayama
by Uji rate this post as useful

* 2008/6/10 20:50
Thank Uji! :)
by Dee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread