Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass 2008/6/3 08:09
I am going to japan,and will go mt fuji, Gotemba, Osaka, Disneyland, and all the attractions at Toyko and possible Kyoto, should I pay a 7 days JR pass, can it use for bullet train.
by SK  

trains 2008/6/3 11:53
please read the section about trains under transportation under the tab "Japan A-Z' at the top of this site
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Another question 2008/6/3 17:22
Sorry I don't have an answer to the question. I have another question, though. I checked the train prices for Tokyo-Yokohama on the JR page and came up with a price of 1290 yen for a green car seat. Surely that's not the right price? If it is, I shouldn't buy a JR Pass if that's the only long journey out of Tokyo I'll be taking, right?
by clarence somerset rate this post as useful

Yokohama train 2008/6/3 17:38
If you travel Tokyo - Kyoto - Osaka - Tokyo and sidetrips within 7 days, then a JR Rail Pass is cheaper than single tickets.

A ticket Tokyo Yokohama is Yen 450 and it takes 30 min on a commuter train. A ticket on the shinkansen Tokyo - ShinYokohama is Yen 1320 in ordinary class seat or Yen 3600 in green car seat and takes 18 minutes.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Yokohama 2008/6/3 21:34
Clarence:
go to hyperdia
http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi
put in tokyo and yokohama , check off unreserved seats
take off shinkansen, and you will see 450yen for a 27 minute trip in the JR Tokaido Line..
by ichinensei rate this post as useful

Green car 2008/6/3 21:45
Clarence,

You can look it up on HyperDia, but the regular Green car fare is 1,200 yen (cheaper at weekends). As Tokyo to Yokohama is by no means a "long journey", you are unlikely to need a railpass if your travel is concentrated on Tokyo/Yokohama.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread