Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan visa question 2008/6/3 20:45
I am a British student currently studying under a student visa which expires on August 20. My plan of action is to depart Japan on August 20 and hand in my alien card for a short trip to Hong Kong (1-2 weeks) and return to Japan first before departing to UK within a few days. Would it be possible to return back to Japan as a tourist so soon after my student visa expiring?

Thanks
by Jim  

Re-entering 2008/6/4 10:15
Jim,

It is quite possible that you will be asked why you are back in Japan so soon after leaving, but there should be no problem provided you can explain your travel plans. If you have a return ticket from Japan back to the UK, then there should be no problem at all.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

extension 2008/6/4 11:49
Is it possible for you to extend your student visa for a short period or change to visitor's status before you return to UK?
by TW rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/9 11:58
Is it possible for you to extend your student visa for a short period or change to visitor's status before you return to UK?

Yes, you can easily change over to a visitor's visa while in Japan. Check at your local immigration office.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread