Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi cost from Roppongi to Asakusa 2008/6/5 03:33
I'm visiting Tokyo in a couple of weeks, and am planning in staying in a hostel in Asakusa.

However, we're planning on going out in the Shibuya/Roppongi area, and from what I understand, taxi's after midnight in Tokyo are exceptionally expensive.

Does anyone have any estimates as to how much a taxi would cost from that area to Asakusa late at night?
by sunchild  

. 2008/6/5 11:09
It's around 4,000 yen with the late night surcharge included.
by optimistk rate this post as useful

taxi money 2008/6/5 11:12
Hi,
prory around 3000yen and it depens on trapic condision
by xio rate this post as useful

stay out all night 2008/6/5 12:22
i think these estimates are too low. i pay that for tokyo to asakusa. anyway you might as well wait until 5 or 6am and catch the train back. there are plenty of places to hang out while you are waiting
by joseph rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/5 20:08
I used a taxi fare calculator.
http://www.taxisite.com/far/default.aspx

@OP,
I'd stay at a hotel in Roppongi instead of Asakusa if I were you.
http://www.hvf.jp/eng/
by optimistk rate this post as useful

5000ish 2008/6/6 00:54
I regually stay at Sakura Hostel in Asakusa. for a while I got taxis back which cost around the 5000 mark. Sometimes less, often more. It soon became apparent that its easier (and considerably cheaper) just to stay out just for that little bit longer. If youre going out in that are anyway, Its not worth heading out til close to midnight anyway.

If youre staying out and getting the metro home, that money you save on taxi fare will buy you some extra drinks, some breakfast, youre metro fare back AND youll have money spare!
by Tyler rate this post as useful

Wait it out 2008/6/6 01:23
Sorry if i double posted. Roppongi is meant for night life, so i would wait it out. Your train is Roppongi to Daimon, by Toei Subway-Oedo Line, that is 260 Yen. Keep your ticket in Daimon by using orange gate, then from daimon use Toei Subway-Asakusa Line to Asakusa. 260 yen and about a 30 minute ride.
by Rob in Tokyo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread