Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu railpass 2008/6/8 09:31
I want to know that if I buy Kyushu railpass for 3 day price 13000Yen, I can use this pass to Nagasaki by Limited express and Hiroshima by Shinkansen or not.
by Peter  

... 2008/6/8 10:24
I can use this pass to Nagasaki by Limited express

Yes, the limited express trains between Hakata and Nagasaki are covered by the Kyushu Rail Pass.

Hiroshima by Shinkansen or not

No! The Sanyo Shinkansen (even the Hakata-Kokura section) is not covered by the Kyushu Rail Pass. And Hiroshima is not even located on Kyushu!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyushu Railpass 2008/6/8 23:52
I just returned from Kyushu in April.. IF you decided not going to Hiroshima, you can consider buying Northern Kyushu 3-Day Pass at 7000 Yen,, it covers Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Beppu (but not Kagashima)..
by Kit rate this post as useful

Some more question 2008/6/9 07:42
Thank for both reply. I have some more question. I wl saty at Fukuoka 2 days and thengo to Hiroshima, I plan to go around city for 1 day and go to Nagasaki 1day. Have checked from JR webpage, there is Northern JR railpass cost 7000 Yen for 3 days, so I decide to buy this pass because normal price for train to Nagasaki for 2 ways around 9200 yen. However, I also found 2 mai kippu cost 6000 yen. I wonder I can use this 2 mai kippu to go to Nagasaki or not as I wl go with my friend and we have only day for city beyond Fukuoka city. Thank in advance
by Peter rate this post as useful

mai-kippu 2008/6/11 03:17
I don't see any mai-kippu available in Kyushu region,, However, there are many different kinds of kippu in Japan..
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357.html
by Kit rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/11 08:12
A 2-mai ticket for Hakata-Nagasaki costs 6000 yen. A 4-mai ticket 10,000 yen. This includes seat reservations.

That compares to a regular one way fare of 4410 yen for non-reserved seats. Around 4900 yen for reserved seats.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread