Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

one min transfer at lapel station-doable? 2008/6/12 14:05
so hyperdia is suggesting that i travel from odawara to shinyokohama on hikari railstar 412, and arrive at12:51, and then take railstar 413 to nagoya at 12:52

this is a train transfer, correct? if so, will the trains be right next to each other on teh same platform, aka, can we just jump off of one and hop onto the other?
1 min seems kinda short
regards,

Michael
by Michael  

HyperDia having a bad day? 2008/6/12 17:17
Michael,

Is it really suggesting that? That involves travelling one stop toward Tokyo before doubling back to Nagoya, and so you will be charged more when the ticket inspector sees your ticket.
Firstly, the "Hikari" trains are not called "Rail Star", so if HyperDia is saying that, again it is a bug.
The 1-minute change of trains suggested at Shin-Yokohama would not be advisable, as the trains are travelling in opposite directions, and therefore on different platforms.
Your only real option is to get the Kodama from Odawara to Nagoya, although that can seem like a painfully slow journey.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/12 19:09
I'd just catch the 12:09 direct HIKARI 411 to Nagoya.

Saves you the hassle.

"Hikari RailStar" is the name of some shinkansen on the Sanyo Shinkansen, not the Tokaido between Tokyo-ShinOsaka.

by John rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/6/13 13:05
Hey Guys- thanks for the advice. I will catch the 407 to Nagoya, and from there to Takayama. Not sure why hyperdia wanted me to go all the way back to tokyo- weird
by Michael rate this post as useful

reply to this thread