Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

permanent visa 2008/6/13 09:48
on july 15 i will be completing my 10years and my question is does immigration will inform me to apply my pr visa or i have to apply myself in july 16? pls do help me.
by David  

PRV 2008/6/13 09:55
David,

It is entirely up to you whether and when you apply for a permanent resident visa. Note that the approval process can take at least 6 months, so, unlike the procedure with other visas, you have to apply well before your current visa expires.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Dave 2008/6/13 10:11
thank you for your cooperation and it will be better to apply alone ortogether with my spouse and daughter?
by David rate this post as useful

PRV 2008/6/13 10:20
David,

There is no need to be accompanied by your family or anyone. If you are married to a Japanese national, then there is no real need to wait until you have been living here 10 years. I would apply as soon as possible.

permanent visa 2008/6/13 13:26
my spouse is not japanese she is from my own country living here as dependent visa what actually i want to know is it would be better to apply together or seprately?
by David rate this post as useful

Family members 2008/6/13 14:00
David,

Oh, I see. Sorry, I misunderstood. I really don't know the answer in that case, but if you don't get an answer here (or even if you do), I suggest asking at the Immigration office. They should be able to tell you on the spot whether it is a good idea for you to apply on behalf of all your family members at the same time, or whether they all need to wait their respective 10 years.

reply to this thread