Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyajima budget ryokan 2008/7/2 08:10
There seem to be about three ryokans that we could afford on Miyajima - Ryuso Kawaguchi, Ebisuya Ryokan & Yamaichi Bekkan.
These seem to be about Y6300 to Y7000 for the room (2 people no meals) so we were wondering if someone could kindly confirm this and comment on their location, standard etc
by Connie Chiwa  

Miyajima budget ryokan 2008/7/2 11:19
Connie:

I can't comment on all the information you're asking but you can get some information on the Ryokans you listed from this website http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~miyayado/e_nl-map.html

If you're able to stay overnight on Miyajima Island, it's an experience you will always remember.

Harold
by Harold rate this post as useful

Thanks.... 2008/7/2 18:37
...that helps, but still looking for that "perfect place" to stay in Miyajima. There seems to be the usual confusion between price per person and per room.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

Perfect place 2008/7/2 21:32
If you're looking for the perfect place I would highly recommend Watanabe Inn.
http://www.auberge-watanabe.com/english/access.html
A bit expensive perhaps, but I'd really consiering spending a little more during your stay in beautiful Miyajima if I were you.
I don't regret it.
by Olve rate this post as useful

Prices given are per person per night 2008/7/3 01:40
...that helps, but still looking for that "perfect place" to stay in Miyajima. There seems to be the usual confusion between price per person and per room.

Unless otherwise stated, in Japan, prices for ryokan, minshuku, yado, and even most hotels is given per person and not per room.

A quoted price of Y6000 at a ryokan would be for 1 person in 1 room. It would be Y12,000 for 2 people in 1 room. Some business hotels now have a discounted 2 persons in 1 room and larger hotel chains will sell by the room.

"Sudomari," "naked stop," means an overnight without meals. Most prices quoted for Miyajima ryokan include 2 meals. On this island, there isn't much offered to eat outside of the ryokans once the main flood of tourists leave. Most people staying on the island eat at their place of lodging.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

Double Check the Rates 2008/7/3 02:39
Ryokans normally don't quote per room rates, the rates are per person and usually minimum of 2 persons in a room. The 7000 yen is most likely per person rate not per room. So 2 persons in a room will be 7000 x 2. If see the rate dropped when you have more people staying, then it's definitely the per person rate.

You probably also want to double check if the rate includes 5% tax or not.

I stayed in Yamaichi Bekkan last year and they are the smallest ryokan in Miyajima (according to the boss). The ryokan is in front of the Miyajima station so pretty easy to find.

The Japanese style room I stayed was tidy and clean. The room size was good for me and should be enough for 2 people (just my estimate, I traveled along so ..).

Since it's in front of the station so not much view to see through the window.

The overall experience was pleasant (except for the bad weather, a day before the typhoon hit Miyajima).

If you want to make a reservation, use fax or phone but don't use email. Initially I reserved via email but never got the confirmation. I then faxed the reservation and got their reply within 3 days.

The female boss can speak English in case you want to know.
by Douglas rate this post as useful

Ok..... 2008/7/3 12:48
.....we've gone with Guest House Kikugawa after some good reports. It's a short walk from the ferry and with no meals is 12600 through Welcome Inns - all confirmed almost immediately.
Thanks for all suggestions. We can live happily on the Oyster Ramen we enjoyed last time there.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread