Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone 2008/7/4 00:34
Can anyone suggest a good place in Hakone to stay where it is in Japanese style with hotspring and can accomondate a party of 6- 5 audlts and 1 kid? I believe Hakone is west of Mt Fuji and would a 1 day be enough. By the way, we cannot speak Japanese.
Thank you!
by Souvent  

Hakone 2008/7/4 10:23
Hakone is south east side of Mt.Fuji not west, and it takes long time if you go to near Mt.Fuji. So I recommned you stay in Yumoto Hotsprings, then go to Lake Ashi by train,cable car, and ropeway. You can see Mt.Fuji on the way to Lake Ashi regarding to weather. Children will also enjoy them.

Hotel Okada, Nampu-so, Hotel Okuyumoto are recommendable.
by Mackey rate this post as useful

Hakone 2008/7/14 10:47
Hi! Mackey. Sorry I've been away on business and thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out. Thanks again.
by Souvent rate this post as useful

Hakone Ryokan 2008/7/14 12:13
Just got back from Hakone. Stayed in a great Ryokan. Please search for Yugiriso. This was close to a bus stop and the walking in Hakone is easy. I highly recommend this location.
by Okinawa Joe rate this post as useful

Hakone Ryokan 2008/7/14 13:29
I recommend Heinkaku Ryokan; I stayed there for three days/two nights in August 2007 and was very impressed! Beautiful, beautiful ryokan with two waterfalls, five onsen, and a huge room by Japanese standards. Site: http://www.hienkaku.com/index2.html (japanese), also see http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+34954+...
by Wonderphile rate this post as useful

Okinawa Joe - Yugiriso 2008/7/20 00:44
Okinawa Joe,thanks for your feedback. Can you please let me know the price, the food and how do you make reservation on the Yugiriso. Will I have problem not knowing any Japanese? I'll be travel with my sister and her family (3 people total) and 3 of us. I remember seeing something about "large Japanese Room", do you think it'll all 6 of us. Is the price per person? How does it work? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions.

Wonderphile - Heinkaku Ryokan 2008/7/20 00:48
Hi, thanks. When you mentioned Heinkaku Ryokan has 5 onsen, so I take it that they are by gender. How easy to get there and the food? Since I can't read Japanses, will I have trouble and is it pricy? Thanks again!

reply to this thread