Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji - Kyoto in 4.5 days? 2008/7/4 07:52
I am traveling via Japan and stopping off for 4.5 days and was hoping to climb Mt Fuji and see Kyoto. I have been doing some research however there is so much information that I have become a little lost. I have a few questions I was hoping someone could graciously answer for me please.
How long does it take to get to Mt Fuji from Narita? What is the best option for travel/transport? How long does it take to get to Kyoto from Mt Fuji, and transport options? On my last day, I have a mid afternoon flight and would like to leave Kyoto the same day, how long might it take to Narita and what is the best option for transport?
Thank you to anyone who can help me with this query.
by Erin  

I dont recommend your itinerary 2008/7/4 12:13
Erin,

It is time-consuming both to climb Mt. Fuji and to sightsee in Kyoto. And you have only 4.5 days in Japan, dont you?

So, I recommend one of these 2 itineraries.
1. NRT - Tokyo - Mt Fuji - KIX or
2. NRT - Kyoto - Osaka or Nara - KIX
by Ts rate this post as useful

oh 2008/7/4 12:18
I was wrong. you will fly into and get out from NRT. So you have less time than I thought...

this ot t hat? 2008/7/4 17:43
With 4.5 days and the need to be back at Narita by 1 or 2 pm (at least 2, preferably 3 hrs before departure) you cannot do both Fuji and Kyoto. check www.hyperdia.com for length of trips..I would stay in Tokyo and visit the city and Mt Fuji OR go straight from Narita to Kyoto (4 1/2 hrs by 2 trains) and visit Nara or Osaka, and back from Kyoto the evening before departure, just in case. You didn't say how you count the days either! 4 clear days plus 1/2 day on departure day or less?
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

More info 2008/7/5 07:22
Thank you for your response to my query, it is most helpful. My proposed itinerary was:
Arrive NRT and stay Tokyo
Day 1 - To Mt Fuji, climb to 7,8th station
Day2 - Summit and return, to Kyoto
Day3 - Kyoto sight see
Day 4 - Kyoto sightsee
Day5 - Kyoto to NRT

You might be right though, this might be too much to do. Maybe just Kyoto, traveling via Mt Fuji?
by Erin rate this post as useful

this time or that time 2008/7/5 11:38
Erin,

I still hesitate to recommend your itinerary, as it is so tough and tiring at least for me. I would visit Mt Fuji and Tokyo this time and fly into Osaka(KIX) to visit Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Himeji (and preferably Hiroshima & Miyajima) next time so that you can save domestic transportation cost to see all the best attractions Japan can offer. :)

Thanks 2008/7/5 13:56
Thank you ts for your input here, it is most helpful
by Erin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread