Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkiado hotels 2008/7/7 15:19
Hello there, would you guys be able to recommend me affordable yet nice cosy hotels in Hokkaido, namely hotels in the following areas:

1. Furano
2. Biei
3. Daisetsu, or Asahikawa area
4. Sapporo
5. Otaru
6. Noboribetsu
7. Lake Toya

Can someone also tell me
- which Ryokan/ hot spring is worth going for (please provide me the name of the Ryokan/city),
- which cities I should stay overnight at (which has beautiful night or morning sceneries), and which attractions I should go for.
- Itinerary for self-drive. cant figure out which route is better.

Would appreciate as many details as possible, thanks!
by OREO  

Hokkaido Hotels 2008/11/2 23:35
For Daisetusan, try

http://www.taisetsu-g.com/english/taisetsu1.htm

Free shuttle bus from Asahikawa Station.

For Otaru:

http://www.i-reserve.info/authent/e/

Irene
by Irene rate this post as useful

Nice and affordable hotels 2008/11/3 19:18
For Furano - Natulex Hotel which is 2 min walk from Furano JR.

For Sapporo - Cross Hotel which is 7 min walk from Sapporo JR.

I stayed at the above 2 hotels few weeks ago and thumbs up!
by Caldaorau rate this post as useful

been there, done it! 2008/11/4 16:51
Hi all, thanks for your advice~! hehe but my qn was posted in Jul :p

i went self driving in Hokkaido in August for 9 days... and it was one of the most exciting and lovely trip i have been on. Self-driving in Hokkaido isn't scarely, and it was fun, adventurous and I really get to see many sceneries and been to places where a package tour will never bring you to. Volcano up close, natural foot bath in the mountain, speeding round a mountain, beautiful sceneries, delicious food, fireworks, hot springs after hot springs, loads n loads of beautiful flowers, as long as you do some planning before you go, im sure you will enjoy it too. My self planned trip was multi times more fun than the package one i joined last year. wow, im very impressed!

The following shows the hotels which i recommend staying in, from the list, you can see the route i took =)

Day 1: Sapporo: Novotel (near Toyota car rental centre)

Day 2: Daisetsuzan: Choyo-tei hot spring hotel (sister with choyo resort, share hot spring! gd dinner!)

Day 3: Biei: Kumasan loghouse
(handmade loghouse! once a lifetime experience, gd home-cooked food too)

Day 4: Furano: Pension Crayon House (highly recommended)

Day 5: Sapporo: Chisun hotel

Day 6: Otaru: Echuya Ryokan

Day 7: Lake Toya: Hotel Kawanami (night firework at lake!)

Day 8: Noboribetsu: Hotel Mahoroba (highly recommended)

Day 9: ANA Sapporo

Day 10-12: Tokyo: Oakwood apartments

=)
by OREO rate this post as useful

Hokkaido in Summer 2009/1/13 11:00
Hi Oreo, sounded like you had a great time!

Tks for posting all the places you've stayed in. It'll surely help in my research.

Btw, when you were in Lake Toya, did you go pass Hotel Grand Toya? We are thinking of staying there this summer... and what would you recommend for activities at that area?

by mengahoy rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/5 10:04
Oreo,

Are there any comments on Otaru: Echuya Ryokan, such as location, food & comfort? I noticed it is shared bathroom hotel, is it a problem?
by Refugees rate this post as useful

reply to this thread