Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

does sawanoya have plug sockets and 2008/7/7 23:59
As I want to charge my camcorder everyday, also I want the room dark so in the early morning the sun doenst come in.

If not I am wondering can someone tell me in JPN how to say I want a room with dark curtains so no sunlight comes in the morning.

Also I need to know about the plug sockets as well as I dont know where I can charge my stuff then ?
by Abhi B  

many different kinds of hotels 2008/7/8 10:02
I have to travel around Japan a lot for my work and I mainly stay at business hotels, usually costing under 6,000yen/night. Many of these hotels have a sliding shutter on the inside of the window that blocks out all light. It can be very confusing when you wake up. Anyway, if you speak Japanese you could ask the hotel staff before you come but otherwise I have no idea how you would know how much light was gonna come in the room in the morning...
There are electrical outlets / sockets in every hotel room I've been in but if you need an adaptor for whatever you are going to plug in then you'll have to buy one.. lot's at the airport.
by EQuinn rate this post as useful

Never had a problem 2008/7/8 10:09
I often have to charge the video and still cameras at night. All hotels have sockets and you will only need a conversion plug to go from Japanese to whatever you have. Japanese is the same as US and 110 volts also. I think most manufactures supply a universal charger for 110v through to 240v these days so that shouldn't be an issue. Most Japanese hotels now also provide a LAN cable for your laptop. Make sure you use a surge protector.
by RodW rate this post as useful

reply to this thread