Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will a person with back problem... 2008/7/9 10:33
..be able to enjoy Disneyland or Disneysea's attractions more?
by Tinn  

Disney Resorts 2008/7/9 12:38
I don't think somebody with a back problem would be able to enjoy either amusement park very much but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Disneyland. More kid oriented (slow) rides.
by Dan rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/7/9 13:02
Thanks!!
by Tinn rate this post as useful

.. 2008/7/12 23:04
hello! Personally, i have slipped disc and a very bad back, (on really worse days, i will have paralysis in my lower back) but i enjoyed myself thoroughly in both Disneyland and Disneysea. I like DisneySea more, beautiful, lovely rides, and even just walking around the area and enjoy the wonderful scenery and parades just makes it all worthwhile. (becos it's so new and breakthtakingly beautiful) And yes, you can take some of the rides, in fact, i took many rides and Im perfectly fine. Do remember to catch the mid day parade and the night show at the lagoon.
by oreo rate this post as useful

I see 2008/7/12 23:20
O_O slip disc! I hope you're okay now!

Mmhmm.. I see. I had a backbone surgery, for scoliosis, and my lower back now has 5 stainless steel screws attached to straighten it. I'm still contemplating hehe.. maybe I can ride those rides for small kids. Hahha..
by Tinn rate this post as useful

Either 2008/7/13 02:06
Tinn,

I have a back problem and have ridden rides at most major themeparks, including those my doctor would probably prefer I avoid! However, I do not particularly condone ignoring any advice your own doctor may give you on this. I have found I can save myself a lot of aggro by wearing a lumbar support belt on such endeavours, but it's not suitable for all back problems and there is still an element of risk.

There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to enjoy either of the parks though as there are rides you would be perfectly be able to do. Others you may not. It's hard to be specific as it comes down to things like how snugly the restraints fit to limit movement etc and that is different for everyone. I would say you are you own best assessor of whether something is suitable or not, and if you get a nagging feeling it might be risky, don't do it. You can still have plenty of fun without the warp factor rides!
by Ren rate this post as useful

reply to this thread