Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Kyoto help 2008/7/9 14:46
Hello!
Can anyone tell me:
A) The approximate cost of a Hikari train one way and with a reserved seat from Tokyo to Kyoto?

B) Does the Hikari leave from Ueno station? On that note, do any trains leave to Kyoto from Ueno station?

Thank you so much!
by mikejo42  

$$YY 2008/7/9 15:42

The approximate cost of a Hikari train one way and with a reserved seat from Tokyo to Kyoto?

Y13220 Hikari Y13520 Nozomi It may be a few hundred more to make a reservation but I wouldn't bother as there are unreserved seats on both and getting one out of Tokyo shouldn't be a problem. Just line up 15' prior.

Does the Hikari leave from Ueno station?

No it goes from Tokyo. You can get on a Keihin Tohoku line or Yamanote line commuter at Ueno and be there in 7'

On that note, do any trains leave to Kyoto from Ueno station?

Not that I am aware of.

by RodW rate this post as useful

trains 2008/7/9 16:46
check www.Hyperdia.com enter station names,click on search. On the next page remove check mark in front of airline and limited express. Add a check mark by Nozomi, set the time to your departure, then click on start.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread