Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko acommodation 2008/7/11 03:46
We hesitate about the best place for us to stay in Nikko.
We found Viva interesting but ii is located on the main road.
Another possibility, much cheaper, Park Lodge, is 15 minutes away from the main road.
Is the main road in Nikko an advantage or you suggest to prefer a more scenic place, as Park Lodge claims to be ?
by zsofika  

A really good hotel in Nikko for you 2008/7/11 12:56
We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago: ホテル蔦舎(つたや)
栃木県日光市中宮祠2484
TEL 0288-55-0305
FAX 0288-55-0255
http://tutaya.biz-web.jp/

It seems like the website cant be open. I think the hotel got the best location in the Nikko Area. It is located axcatly across from the lake (I forgot its name, sorry). We got a half Japanese-Western room on third floor with the lake view. In the morning when we woke up we were amazed with the view. The room and facilities are also really nice. I'll go to this hotel if I want to satay in Nikko again.
by Nikko-Hotel rate this post as useful

Nikko acommodation 2008/7/11 13:19
Maybe there's problem with the hotel itself, the fax is busy all the time.
Does anybody know about Viva hotel or Park Lodge?
by zsofika rate this post as useful

Nikko accomodations 2008/7/12 00:35
Stayed at Hotori-An. It's close to Nikko's temples and shrines but a long walk (or short cab ride) from trains. Park Lodge looks like it has great rates and close to train stations but you'll need a cab or bus to get you closer to temples.
The main road can get busy with traffic weekends, no advantage really. Hotori-An sits right next to the river and is quiet. They have a very nice view onsen with view of the river, especially nice at sunset. Turtle Inn is right down the street.
I did quite a bit of hiking around Nikko. The temple/shrines seem like they go on forever and the owner of Hotori-An drew me a map to a local waterfall.

http://www.turtle-nikko.com/
by Steve rate this post as useful

Viva 2008/7/15 12:42
In part, it depends how you expect to spend your time. Places by the lake are a pretty long (but beautiful) bus ride form the main shrine area, but undoubtedly more pleasant than staying on the main road. However, we stayed at Viva (family of three) last month, and it worked out very well. It is so convenient to the train station and main bus depot. My only complaint was that the hallway rugs were pretty dirty - but the rooms and breakfast area were clean and comfortable, and the staff was all very friendly. The breakfast area has several tourist guides and magazines for browsing. Also, be aware that even the "Japanese style rooms" have western beds (not futon), on tatami mats! Every room has a private bath with toilet, sink, and shower.
by rootles rate this post as useful

reply to this thread