Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay in Osaka? 2008/7/12 13:31
Hi. I am visiting Osaka in Dec. My plans include Osaka Castle and Shinsaibashi area on the 1st day, and Universal and Rinku premium outlets on the 2nd day. I'm leaving on the 3rd day afternoon, hence will be spending the morning walking around the hotel. Now question is which hotel in town is conveniently situated above/near a train station? I'm torn between Sheraton Miyako, Westin and Nikko (downtown). Need some advise.... Many thanks in advance.
by raydan  

no big difference but... 2008/7/13 10:13
I dont think there is a big difference on the transportation convenience among the 3 hotels, but strictly speaking, Westin is slightly more convenient than Nikko and Nikko is slightly more convenient than Sheraton Miyako, traveling to Osaka castle, Unversal Studio and Shinsaibashi.

Note that Rinku Premium Outlet is just other side of KIX airport Island but 40 mins by train from central Osaka, so I would go to ATC Outlet Mare, Japan's largest outlet mall, in the Bay Area on the 2nd day and call at Rinku Outlet Mall on the 3rd day on the way to the airport.(see the page 6 and 8 of the link)
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-505.pdf

by Ts rate this post as useful

Hotel Granvia 2008/7/13 20:57
Hotel Granvia is located on top of Osaka train station and you can easily catch train to go to the places that you mention. It also has multiple department stores and electronic store within 1 minute walk. The room is a bit small but is pleasant.
by JT rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/7/13 21:18
Thanks for the suggestion. Is Granvia opposite Westin?
by raydan rate this post as useful

Osaka 2008/7/13 21:41
No. Granvia is in downtown Umeda, I am not sure where Westin is. I had stayed twice in Granvia and had no problems in getting to and from all the attraction because you are staying on top of Osaka train station
by JTTO rate this post as useful

Hotels beside Granvia 2008/7/13 21:48
Thanks again. Do you have any idea what other hotels are in the same vicinity as Granvia? Sorry to trouble.

hotel in Osaka 2008/7/13 21:56
There is Hotel New Hankyu which is connected by underground shopping mall to Osaka train station. I am not sure about other nicer hotel around that area. Sorry
by JTTO rate this post as useful

the link 2008/7/13 21:56
raydan,
you can find Granvia, Westin and other hotels on the page1 of the link I showed you.
by Ts rate this post as useful

Many Thanks! 2008/7/13 22:00
Thanks. Ts, I didn't realise that the maps showed the hotels as well. I was more concern about the shopping areas when I first looked at it. Thanks.

reply to this thread