Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quick Tokyo Questions 2008/7/12 20:34
hi everyone!

i will be in japan for a few weeks in february 2009.

i would like to know what recommendations you have, if you really want to splash out on the best of the best:

hotel: we are considering the oriental or penisula hotel tokyo.. (because we have seen both in bangkok and have been very well looked after).. which of the two would you recommend? or would you suggest an other topclass, perhaps traditional tokyo hotel? or a beautiful ryokan with traditional japanese atmosphere?

restaurants: what would you consider THE number one, must visit, sushi or sashimi restaurant in tokyo?

and a place to get beautiful cuts of wagyu and other traditional japanese cuisine.

thanks very much for any advice you could give us. we really hope for this trip to be unforgetable.
by Tourist  

... 2008/7/13 07:52
which of the two would you recommend? or would you suggest an other topclass, perhaps traditional tokyo hotel?

These 5 star hotels are all close to perfect and it comes down to individual experiences and small personal preferences, in my opinion. I personally stayed at both, prefered the Oriental over the Peninsula, and prefer The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo over both of them.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Rich men's travel... 2008/7/13 09:49
you can check this book since it doesnt looks money matters to you on your trip to Japan.
http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Guide-2008-Tokyo-Restaurants/...

The Imperial Hotel is considered to be the NO1 hotel in Japan.
by Ts rate this post as useful

tokyo 2008/7/13 16:30
Aragawa's for Wagyu--best make reservations well ahead! \\

by wds rate this post as useful

Tokyo 2008/7/15 10:46
Authentic Ryokan are rare in Tokyo and are best found in outlying areas, more traditional or historic areas, or mountain areas. Otherwise, they can be an excellent travel experience.

Restaurants are for too numerous and varied to make recommendations. A guide book is your best bet.
by Inago rate this post as useful

reply to this thread