Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trips to Nikko & Hiroshima/Miyajima 2008/7/15 11:16
I'm interested in specific logistical advice on two 1-day trips, i.e. how to get there, get around once there and return in the same day. We will be using a JR pass.

1) Tokyo-Nikko. Want to see the temples, lake and waterfall. Return to Tokyo at night.

2) Kyoto-Hiroshima/Miyajima. Would like to visit the Peace Park and Miyajima Island. Return to Kyoto at night.

Thanks!
by DH  

day trips 2008/7/15 15:55
try www.hyperdia.com for rail schedules. type Nikko then, later, Hiroshima and Miyajima in the search window above the original page on this site w/all the questions to find all the previous questions/ answers on these FAQ. you should also check A-Z at the very top on this site.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

Yes and no 2008/7/15 16:10
1. Done it myself. Shouldn't be a problem.
2. This is gonna be stressful. I would stay over in Hiroshima or Miyajima if I were you. You can easily spend hours in the Peace Park (at least if you're visiting the museum - which you should). And Miyajima is a beautiful place you should spend some time in and not rush through. Like walking to the top of Mount Misen or just relax. Or both. :)
by Olve rate this post as useful

reply to this thread