Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yoshinoya help 2008/7/19 07:56
So i plan to eat Yoshinoya at Shibuya soon, and since my Japanese is not THE BEST, i kind of need help translating something. I've never been to Yoshinoya but i would just like a Standard Beef Bowl without any onions. Anyone have anything else to say about Yoshinoya?? I heard it is really good, so i would like to try it at least once
by Hungry 24/7  

Beef Bowl 2008/7/19 20:49
I've never heard or seen anybody do no onions before since the beef is already cooked with onions. If anything, save yourself the trouble and just try not to eat the onions.

Yoshinoya, just like any other fastfood is ok. I personally prefer Matsuya over Yoshinoya but they're all decent. To be completely honest though (believe it or not), I actually like the Yoshinoyas in the US than the ones in Japan. The Japanese beef bowls just taste a little too salty for my taste.
by Dan rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/19 22:21
You can order negi-nuki ("without onions").

Similarly:

negi-daku ("more onions")
tsuyu-daku ("juicier")
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/19 22:34
Anyone have anything else to say about Yoshinoya??
Like the prior poster, I prefer Matsuya instead.

I've never seen anyone order without onions, instead I prefer if they could add extra extra onions.

At Matsuya and I assume Yoshinoya, the onions, beef, and sauce are all cooked together and stored in a pot, when a customer makes an order (or presents their ticket for Matsuya) its just a matter of quick preparation onto rice. I guess if you wanted no onions, it would be a longer wait as they would have to go and cook a special order without onions (though I'm not too sure in this, as again, I've never seen anyone ask for no onions).
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread