Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling on Cassiopeia and Hokutosei 2008/7/20 04:23
If I am using JR Pass to travel from Ueno to Sapporo, the additional charges of 12k and 19k yen apply. Is this the same rate regardless of the kind of cabin I book? We have a group of 3 travelling and am interested in taking the Cassiopeia - 3 persons 2 storey cabin...
by Chris  

... 2008/7/20 10:32
Is this the same rate regardless of the kind of cabin I book?

No! It is the cost for the cheapest type of cabin. Note also that the price is "per person", rather than "per cabin".

We have a group of 3 travelling and am interested in taking the Cassiopeia - 3 persons 2 storey cabin...

The Cassiopeia has one type of cabin that fits three people. I think the cost for Japan Rail Pass holders is 19,000 yen per person. I recommend to book early in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

how to make bookings 2008/7/20 22:47
Can I make the bookings online? Or what are the channels for a foreigner to make the booking?
by Chris rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/21 08:28
At any JR ticket counter.

By phone through the JR travel agent (not sure whether they have English speakers):
03-3212-3041
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread