Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Romantic phrases in Japanese? 2004/5/11 18:12
What are some romantic phrases to say in Japanese and their correct english translations?
by V.J.W.  

Huh?? 2004/5/12 09:21
Could you at least state the situation, preferably age and gender, best a phrase in English? Whether this is for a date or homework, it is the _effort_ that makes romance. Even if English and Japanese aren't equavalent, showing the feeling you want to express will make it much easier for someone to translate it. Translation is one thing. A love letter written by someone else is out of the question.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Well.......... 2004/5/12 16:11
It's like this, we are both young (over 18 under 25) And my feelings toward her reach past using the word "love" as a description. (That and in today’s society, that word isn’t taken too seriously anymore). But I want to express my feelings to her, and I feel that using this language would be unique and romantic.

So thats my situation, Do you think you can help?

I just dont want to use something real random and then have no idea what the meaning behind it is. after all this is alot about the meaning of my feelings for her, I have yet to put to adequate words for my feelings and devotions.
by V.J.W. rate this post as useful

Well... 2004/5/12 22:54
I think romantic feelings are best expressed when said in a language you know. If it were to decorate a card, or if it were for lyrics, or if it were to catch the attention of someone that's not so precious to you yet, I can understand you want some fancy foreign language. But if your intention is to tell your true love how you really feel, I suggest you responsibly use all the words or actions or telepathy or what not that really comes from you yourself. That's what you call love - the effort to send your soul right to her heart no matter what language barrier you might have. Besides, Japanese couples don't use too much words to express their feelings. They just tend to feel it without words.

That said, to technically answer your question, the Japanese expression "aishiteru" is technically "I love you" but more devoted. Japanese people won't use it unless you are really willing to be all hers/his. Unfortunately, I don't have enough skill to create words from nothing. If you can write some real sentences in English, I can give you a great romantic professional translation to go with, but otherwise let's hope a Casanova can come to your rescue.
by Uco rate this post as useful

thanks, but... 2004/5/13 18:24
she and i are very much getting into Japanese Animation and i think this is where we are kind of getting this from, we already excange the word "Aishiteru" to one another. I am just searching for other phrases that will strike her romanticly. i am very devoted to her and am willing to give all i have and more so to her.

I feel that going the extra step or two, to do things for her is all the more pressious to her. and i love to spoil her.

i thank you for your help, and welcome any and all other responces to call for help.

Thanks again.
by V.J.W. rate this post as useful

heres a good one 2004/8/18 20:21
Anata wo dakishime nemuritai it means I want to sleep with you in my arms.
by Seth rate this post as useful

Sorry to spoil the mood 2004/8/18 21:02
Sorry to spoil the romantic mood of this topic but I would like to ask a simple language question. I often see the term aishiteru. Is this the short form of ai shite iru?
by Mark rate this post as useful

To Mark 2004/8/18 21:36
Yes, that's right.
"...(te) iru" is often (in casual conversation) shortened as "...(te)ru."

e. g. among close friends:
- "Ima nani o shiteru no?" (What are you doing now?)
- "Terebi wo miteru." (I'm watching television.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2004/8/18 23:02
Thanks again, AK.
by Mark rate this post as useful

need help with song!!!! 2007/7/1 02:16
ok I am trying to write a song but then i got stuck because my japanese isn't all that great so some one please help me!Y_Y

1.) maybe things would change

2.)but when I'm with you

3.) baby the times that we share

4.)baby as long as I'm with you we can make it through anything

by kumiko rate this post as useful

aaah romance... 2008/7/8 17:51
Anata wa Watashi ga koko ni iru kara ureshii des!

It brings me joy within to be here with you! or Im happy to be with you.
by chin chin bura bura rate this post as useful

Be brave! 2008/7/9 10:22
Romance and adventure go hand in a hand, and so can you, and a girl, if you say the right thing!

I personally think rather than a corny romantic phrase you should try and make that special person laugh. This seems to have a much better response in my opinion! Try a complement on her earrings or socks? Or perhaps mention her unique earlobes? You could do worse than memorise the phrases for dating and flirting found on sites like www.pillowtalkjapan.com and similar sites.... Good luck!!!

by Steven Homesly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread